Thread: Illinois SBR?

Feedback Score

Default Illinois SBR?

I jut read that Illinois changed the laws so that we can now own an SBR if we belong to a nationally recognized military reinactment organization and have a C&R license.

Does anyone know more information about this or know anyone who applied for an SBR in Illinois?

Judging that I have not seen any SBR's forsale at the local shops - I assume that there is some kind of catch...

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I'd contact the Illinois state police (in Springfield) and see who is issuing the permit/license ect and what the particulars are. Perhaps it's the same branch that handles the F.O.I.D. cards.

Feedback Score

The Gov signed that bill Aug of 2011. It is a law that is very vague on what it allows and alot is open to interpretation(it does not say who interprets it). HB4901 was passed 2012 overwhelmingly(over 2/3rds vote) in both houses(this should not allow municipalities to use their home rule powers to outlaw it for them locally). This one says if you have a C&R then you must comply with the NFA rules and you can have a SBR, very simple and straight forward. My guess says it will be signed(I hope) at the end of August just like last years bill. It was signed and it takes eefect Jan 2013
    Last edited by Lukez; 09-15-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.