Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: form 1 dissapointment

Feedback Score

Default form 1 dissapointment

I got my form one returned for corrections because the sheriffs office had someone who is delegated to sign for the sheriff sign on the part below where the sheriff himself would have signed but atf returned it cuz there was no street adress for the sheriff's office even though its the same adress as the adress below where the person who signed for the sheriff signed.

is this bs? anyone ever had this happen? I thought the leo signoff was going away anyways and had heard of non trust form 1's with no leo signoff getting approved.

btw my examiner is heather thompson if that matters.

Feedback Score

also do forms that are returned for correction take priority over newly submitted forms or am i looking at another 5.5 months?

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

You go to the back of line & don't expect your $200.00 back anytime soon. The refund takes from 60 - 180 days. I know from experience. I think Eric Holder is responsible for slow processing & returns. Just my opinion. My dissaproval was VERY fishy to say the least!
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score

Thats what i was afraid of

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default akfiend..

Quote Originally Posted by akfiend View Post
    Thats what i was afraid of
    Do not loose faith... I remember when Brad had a tough time with his.
    Some times it is returned rather quickly, mine was.
    Been awhile since I have done one. But.
    Make 100% sure you initial anything you add or delete on the form, or it is coming back. Dont ask me how I know.
    I had one returned so many times, the nice lady at the ATF said, if I screwed it up one more time.
    She was going too fly down and fill it out for me. Not kidding.
    Once it is returned, for typo errors. It usually, my case anyway, means you are approved.
    They are tough on "Dot the I, cross the T..
    Hell I got to know the ATF lady so good, we were on a first name basis.
    Be nice too the Agent working with you, they will help yah.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Thanks 4th! you just saved me alot more waiting time, I ran out and got it before the mailman could take it away and initialed as you said.

Im just gonna take the submit it and forget it approach and attempt to be patient.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

On my next go around I'm going to submit forms for a few future builds. I've been told they will get approved at the same time. Even if I don't build the kits for a long time, at least I'll have the stamps in hand & less frustration of waiting.
    Brad

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    On my next go around I'm going to submit forms for a few future builds. I've been told they will get approved at the same time. Even if I don't build the kits for a long time, at least I'll have the stamps in hand & less frustration of waiting.
    Brad
    Just make sure the parts kits for whatever you plan to build dont dry up before you get your stamp lol. that would suck to have a useless tax stamp and wasted $200.

also i forgot to mention she highlighted the part where i checked the "are you under 21?" box yes. but i submitted an ATF letter that states one must only be 18 to make nfa firearms other than machineguns of course. the peice of paper that came with the returned forms only said that i needed to correct the adress and phone number nonsense but said nothing about the age so im assuming if they wanted to deny me cuz of my age it would have just been denied instead of sent for corrections. maybe I'll be 21 by the time i get this back and it wont matter lol.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

No worries; I piled up my two lifetimes supply of kits long before the barrel ban! Heh..Heh

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Yes Bro..

Quote Originally Posted by akfiend View Post
    Thanks 4th! you just saved me alot more waiting time, I ran out and got it before the mailman could take it away and initialed as you said.

Im just gonna take the submit it and forget it approach and attempt to be patient.
    We have to understand. The budget for these poor folks working the forms, is probalby less than Mooochelll spent on dinner last night.
    They are "under the gun", no pun intended.
    Don't blame them. I found the ATF to be some damn good people, in talking too them.
    They went "over and above" in helping me with my importation fiasco.
    Waco and Ruby Ridge aside.
    They sent one of my forms back, because I did not put "The" in front of my trust name. Honest too God..
    Talk nice, work with them.
    You will be allright young feller.
    You will get approved..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.