Thread: considering form1 suppressor

Feedback Score

Default considering form1 suppressor

Alright so my uzi SBR just wouldnt be complete without a suppressor and me being under 21 I am forced to take one of two paths.

1: Have my father submit a form 4 and buy it then me submit a form 4 and buy it from him = lots of $ and I would be 21 by the time I got it. If Im not mistaken you must be 21 to buy NFA from a dealer but 18 to buy from someone in the same state with form 4 approval and without dealer involvement.

2: build one on a form 1 = $200 + materials cost. one must be only 18 to make non machinegun NFA. I am living proof of this so please nobody tell me I cant do this thanks

So looks like I might be building one using freeze plug M type baffles and a barrel nut or modified blank firing adapter. I feel the need to act now because with Obama in office who knows what could happen to our gun rights.

Anyone fammiliar with the wait times as of now? My stamp took 6 months but I can immagine everyones submitting a buttload of form 1s and 4s so maybe up to a year wait time?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by akfiend View Post
    Alright so my uzi SBR just wouldnt be complete without a suppressor and me being under 21 I am forced to take one of two paths.

1: Have my father submit a form 4 and buy it then me submit a form 4 and buy it from him = lots of $ and I would be 21 by the time I got it. If Im not mistaken you must be 21 to buy NFA from a dealer but 18 to buy from someone in the same state with form 4 approval and without dealer involvement.

2: build one on a form 1 = $200 + materials cost. one must be only 18 to make non machinegun NFA. I am living proof of this so please nobody tell me I cant do this thanks

So looks like I might be building one using freeze plug M type baffles and a barrel nut or modified blank firing adapter. I feel the need to act now because with Obama in office who knows what could happen to our gun rights.

Anyone fammiliar with the wait times as of now? My stamp took 6 months but I can immagine everyones submitting a buttload of form 1s and 4s so maybe up to a year wait time?
    Im waiting on a form 1 now.Go to silencer talk there design there that better than m style cans.
    Live and direct and in high defintion from the fun and sun capital of the upper midwest Minot North Dakota

Feedback Score

I have looked on silencer talk before and there is a buttload of good info but I probably wont join just because this will probably be my only form 1 can. I want to do M baffles because theyre easy to make but may possibly try a monolithic design but K baffles seem to be beyond my skills.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Have your Dad buy it under a trust, and name you as one of the trustees. You both can possess it and the trust is the owner. Usually clears in 6 months or less. Freeze plugs are stone age Bubba tech, if you're gonna invest money in a stax stamp buy or make something that works well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

the trust set up is ideal...

but if not just make it yourself. the freezeplug set ups actually work very well if you follow someone like SUBSONIC or one of the masters of that area.

but later on you can get into K baffels and tons of other good stuff.

but lets be honest... once you have 1 can......... thats NEVER the end. its just like a lays potato chip....... you cant have just one.

ive got 2 & the papers submitted to build my next one.

and my wait time was still 6 months on the last one.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Ah I forgot about the trust option!! how does one set up a trust? I'm guessing you pay a lawyer to do it right?

dutigaf you are more than likely right... I need a .22 suppressor as well

Feedback Score

From what I have read trusts cost atleast $200-$400. I read a thread on ar15.com about doing it yourself and every other guy said "yeah I made mine and it worked everytime" and then everyone else said "dont screw around and get a lawyer"

is this worth my time/money? Do It Yourself Documents - NFA Firearm's Trust (Gun Trust)

Also for the Form 1 option I do have a mill and just aquired a lathe so i could do something like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Quiken will maker works just fine $10 on ebay.
    You could do that bit that design sucks.

Join silencer talk youll learn..

Pm me and lets talk of better designs.

My current /latest stamp is 8 months and pending.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.