Thread: magpul AFG for ar-15 pistol

Feedback Score

Default magpul AFG for ar-15 pistol

I know putting a vertical grip on an ar-15 pistol is not legal because it turns it into an AOW. Recently I have talked to some people that have a magpul angled forend grip on their ar-15 pistol. They claim that this is legal because it is not a vertical grip. Have any of you heard of this or know if this is legal?

Feedback Score

I see from doing an internet search this subject has been bantered about quite a bit. I suppose short of getting an official ruling from the ATF there is no definitive answer, just wondered what you guys new about it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Huge gray area I suppose.

I'm sure there are some a-holes out there who would throw you in jail just because it's a "grip" and those are not allowed. However a lot of AK based pistols are configured with a "hand stop" shaped into the handguard.

Feedback Score

From all I have heard It's legal. It is pretty much the same thing as putting a hand stop on it. I have seen it done all over the place and even in a few gun magazines and it is never explained as an AOW.

I haven't looked that far into it besides what I have heard and seen.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.