Thread: Paperwork for building supressor help needed

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Paperwork for building supressor help needed

I am about to try to get my ducks in a row to build a suppressor. Would someone please list the steps needed to do so. Like what forms, how many, etc. I tried to do a search but probably wasn't using the right words. Not interested in a trust, just a one time form 1 build. thanks.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Would this be a good start? I just ordered it from ATF. ITEM_1: ATF F 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm Packet (Includes instructions, fingerprint cards, and other material)
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

just found this on another site---A lot of people don't know this, but you can legally build your own silencer. This is assuming you can legally own a firearm and the silencer is legal in your state. In order to build your own silencer, you must first fill out a Form 1, get finger printed, fill out a citizenship form, get your chief of police to sign the Form 1 and send the BATF a check for $200 along with all your paperwork. You can download all the forms from the BATF website. Here are the forms you'll need to fill out...

(2 copies) ATF F 5320.1 -- Application to Make and Register a Firearm

(1 copy) ATF F 5330.20 -- Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C 922(g)(5)(B) -- citizenship form

You'll have to get 2 ATF finger print cards from your local Class III firearm dealer, or you can order them from the BATF at this link. It's the "FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI DCATF0100"

After you get all the forms filled out, you then send them to the BATF along with your check for $200. Do your best to forget about the forms, because it's going to take 90-120 days before they are approved. But hang in there because if you can legally own a firearm, then you can legally build your own silencer.
    Anything else you guys can think of? thanks!
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ATF forms on line you can get all the forms free and you will know they are the current ones.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

90 to 120 days is what the E file forms seem to be doing these days. Mailed in forms last I heard were at least 6 months to a year...

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah like the Kernel said, it'll be closer to a year.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks guys. No hurry here. No real "need" for a suppressor, just always wanted one.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

dfghjkl;'
    Last edited by dutigaf; 01-23-2014 at 01:47 PM. Reason: double posted.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yeah i get mine from the goobs website... they are always the updated version..

the last set of fingerprint cards i got were completely different than the previous sets they sent out.....

be sure to have your local LEO head sign off.. where i live that gets done when you get finger printed. your location may vary.. :-)

get your passport style photo at the local drug store or post office & double check it before you send it in.

then wait........... wait............ wait.......... wait......... if you didnt miss anything......... wait......... then the big envelope will show up.

now some tips for you:

if your a modern day phone happy guy... take a good picture of it front & back & keep it on your phone with you ... THIS IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE WHEN ASKED FOR PROOF OF STAMP!!

why? for me, its because i got too many papers to carry all my approval letters, stamps & maybe have grabbed the wrong one or wrong vehicle... so called back when i got my first can & asked about this.

as long as it was in color & clearly legible, my agent said it was just as good as having the folded up piece of paper on me.

to double cover myself, i also emailed a PDF set of copy's..

why? well we tried this with my State Patrol buddy who shoots with me all the time.. sent him the PDF & it popped up on his laptop in his cop car & his phone...

works great at the ranges too. just show & go with out having to give them copy's or carry them around.

it may be overkill on my part, but having one of my toys "held" while they run the stuff is not something im interested in.

i even do this with my C&R, my ffl ..... makes it easy to never have to say: "well ill fax it to you".. always got what you need this way.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.