Thread: Suppressor for krinkov

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Question Suppressor for krinkov

I was talking with one of my friends down South yesterday and he is thinking about going the SBR and suppressor route. He asked me for some advice, and I wasn't sure what to tell him. So here is the question, for a krinkov style gun (i.e. either an M85 or an SLR104U with the shorter barrel) which suppressor is recommended? Since I don't own any NFA items, I didn't know what to tell him. I did mention in our conversation that I would ask and see what could be found out. I'm assuming any suppressor would need to be threaded for 24mm, but is there one that looks like it should be on a krinkov and then which type of suppressor would be the best route to go with?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Sniper hey AACkrinkov looks cool. Don't forget Red Jacket either. They make a short can also.if he wants to replicate and original I don't know of any just the barrel"extensions".yugo's did have 26mmthreads but 24 for the rest I think. Whew they getting pricey! Think if I ever go for one I'll make it after filing and receiving approval.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Thanks, he is planning to on filling out the needed forms (this won't be his first NFA item), but wants it to look as close to original as possible.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The PBS5 is what Krinks usually use, AFAIK no one makes a real one here, just fake ones to extend bbls to make them non-NFA. Red Jacket used to make them but discontinued them a while back, I have been told. Even theirs wasn't an exact copy, it just looked like it externally with a conventional baffle stack. Here are some real ones:
    http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/in...topic=17216.15

Feedback Score

Also baffle strike has been an issue in the past. They're being done threads being concentric to the bore, the elongated projectile yawing coming out of the shorter barrel to name a few. Even canned it gonna be loud.I hope the issues have been worked thru now. Americans just have to build em better than soviet gi issue.

Feedback Score

My first thought was to get the fake bore it out and use a steel liner.russkie design used the old flat washer baffle guts. Again why us Americans have had to adjust our better guts to work. I D in the baffle ends up being larger for reasons talked about.I think maybe a call to rifle dynamics would give him a lot more info than I can. Short ak's have seem to have their own things to think about. Old car quote speed costs money. How fast do you want to go? Good luck on your friend and i really want to see pics!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Thanks for the help with this. I'll let him know and mention if/when he gets it to post some pics (he is a member here too, just doesn't get online very often).

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.