5 71.43%
  • Size / Weight

2 28.57%
  • db reduction

2 28.57%
  • take apart serviceability

3 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What feature do you look for in a suppressor ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default What feature do you look for in a suppressor ?

I know everyone wants it ALL. I am looking for what the main feature it is consumers are looking for.
    1 Price
    2 Size/weight
    3 db reduction (Even if not metered)
    4 ability to take down and clean
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score

If I were buying if I were building....all the above wouldn't you?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

My feeling is price is secondary, as long as it is reasonable. They have little resale value, cost a lot to register, etc. so you are making a long term investment. $100 more than Brand X's comparable model for a quality product is pocket change in the long term. Now $500 more and you are losing customers, I would think. For me anyway the priority would be serviceability, can I clean the thing instead of having to send it to an 07/SOT when it fills up. Of course smaller is always better with a decent DB rating. But I would trade a bit of either for a removeable endcap.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

I agree with Kernel. It's a long term investment. Forget price as they're not all that much different. It's between DB and serviceability. The best lower DB that the user can still take down for cleaning is what I'd be looking for. Weight? Depending on what it's going on, it can help balance sometimes.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I voted price & serviceability
    Keep it reasonable to other companies prices.
    But serviceability would be a little more important, saving the cost of having someone else do it for you is a plus in the long run. And use off the shelf wear items, like O-rings for an example, so a person can just go to almost any hardware store or find them online.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It depends on the design a bit I suppose, but for a 22lr I'd definitely want a user serviceable model. For models other than 22lr I'd think the first baffle or even two should be harder material like SS to take the brunt of the abuse. The 22 design you posted looks great bty. What will be the finish options on it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Price is the most important to me. They are gouging us here in the states. In the U.K. the prices are a lot lower.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

For me ,,, all of the above, but I just can't stand the 200 bucks for a stamp,,,Tax Stamp,,,for what,,isn't it bad enough they already charge 2K for one even before the tax???? Good Lord!!!! Gimme a break!

If I had to choose just one it would be price first, that's what I want,,over all cheaper prices WITHOUT A TAX STAMP,,,,,

You can't say that something that easy to build with no exotic materials involved, should be anywhere that expensive to buy!! It's nuts!

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

For the price some places want, you could buy a used lathe and make your own and put it on a Form 4.

Of course, all the production silencers apparently operate on Magic Pixie Dust; the amount of hucksterism in that business is truly impressive.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.