Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Red Jacket TV series on Discovery...

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    They butchered the 1919..
    The same could be said for the Thompson, but whatever pays the bills!

For the right price I'd let them put a railed for end on my mom!

Keep up the good show! It is on the DVR, even the reruns.

I have to say, I have been satisfied with medeocre builds, and the episode you did with the new employee that brought in his builds as a resume, got me thinking. Would I be willing to present my builds as a resume. The answer has got me redoing some of my builds. Thanks for the "moment of clarity"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MustangO3 View Post
    The same could be said for the Thompson, but whatever pays the bills!

For the right price I'd let them put a railed for end on my mom!

Keep up the good show! It is on the DVR, even the reruns.

I have to say, I have been satisfied with medeocre builds, and the episode you did with the new employee that brought in his builds as a resume, got me thinking. Would I be willing to present my builds as a resume. The answer has got me redoing some of my builds. Thanks for the "moment of clarity"
    The new member is Flemgunner over at weaponsguild, between Will being a mamber here and flem over there, both sites are represented. good for us!!!
    especially members of both sites
    sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jacket Firearms View Post
    THanks RedC , from the numbers we're getting , looks like we'll be doing this for quite a while
    Hey Will....Love the show....soglad guns are becoming more and more acceptable now....any chance you can convince the producers to squeeze a segment or two occassionally on HOW TO's? like converting a saiga 762X39 to a military configuration....or other common projects....there a more home guunsmiths than the country realizes...id love it!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rbrittne View Post
    Hey Will....Love the show....soglad guns are becoming more and more acceptable now....any chance you can convince the producers to squeeze a segment or two occassionally on HOW TO's? like converting a saiga 762X39 to a military configuration....or other common projects....there a more home guunsmiths than the country realizes...id love it!

That has liability written all over it..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

yeah FLEMGUNNER (GLEN) is a super cool guy that always comes to knob creek.

good builder and a blast to bullshit with. looking forward to seeing him again here in a couple of weeks.

got a picture of all of us together somewhere on this site... LOL
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Wounded Soldier

Will i thought the show you did for the soldier who was parilized was awesome. Makes me feel good to know that there are still red blooded Americans out there that cares. Not trying to get religous on you or anything, but the good Lord will bless you and your buisness for things like that. Have'nt missed a show, and plan not to. Can't wait to see whats next.

Phil
    Gastonia, NC

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat1 View Post
    The new member is Flemgunner over at weaponsguild, between Will being a mamber here and flem over there, both sites are represented. good for us!!!
    especially members of both sites
    sprat
    Actually Im a member here too. Just more of a lurker (the little gif has nothing to do with anything I just havent seen it before)

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by dutigaf View Post
    yeah FLEMGUNNER (GLEN) is a super cool guy that always comes to knob creek.

good builder and a blast to bullshit with. looking forward to seeing him again here in a couple of weeks.

got a picture of all of us together somewhere on this site... LOL
    UnfortunatelyI have to miss the creek this timeCome hell or high water I will be there in Oct though. If you have that pic Id love to see it though

Feedback Score

Default Sincere Question:

Love the show. Been into NFA weapons for 20+ years.

I have a dumb, sincere question:

In the episode with the Browning .50, a semi auto parts kit was made full auto because Will wanted one " for him ".

My understanding is even an Class II SOT has to have a letter from a Law Enforcement Agency requesting such a full auto be made , if they are "considering" it may be of use to the Department. ( Reference the "Masterkey" episode, where the Officers tested the MasterKey and ordered several )

So how do you take a semi auto .50, convert it to a machine gun, for personal use / collection?

Would there have to be a law Enforcement letter requesting the gun be built, and then its kept ( by the SOT manufacturer) a a non sell-able dealer sample after that?

Are details like this lost in the editing to keep the fast pace of the show moving?

This question is meant with the upmost respect to all here and Red Jacket.

Thank you

BATFE 27 CFR-479.105)d reference

(d) Dealer sales samples. Subject to compliance with the provisions of this part, applications to transfer and register a machine gun manufactured or imported on or after May 19, 1986, to dealers qualified under this part will be approved if it is established by specific information the expected governmental customers who would require a demonstration of the weapon, information as to the availability of the machine gun to fill subsequent orders, and (***) letters from governmental entities expressing a need for a particular model or interest in seeing a demonstration of a particular weapon. (***) Applications to transfer more than one machine gun of a particular model to a dealer must also establish the dealer's need for the quantity of samples sought to be transferred.

(e) The making of machine guns on or after May 19, 1986. Subject to compliance with the provisions of this part, applications to make and register machine guns on or after May 19, 1986, for the benefit of a Federal, State or local governmental entity (e.g., an invention for possible future use of a governmental entity or the making of a weapon in connection with research and development on behalf of such an entity) will be approved if it is established by specific information that the machine gun is particularly suitable for use by Federal, State or local governmental entities and that the making of the weapon is at the request and on behalf of such an entity.
    (f

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

an 07 / sot can produce full autos for thier own use with out a letter, you need the letter to transfer it.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.