Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Jacket ZK-SD (Integrally Suppressed AK)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Wed , 8:00 pm Central . Will
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jacket Firearms View Post
    Wed , 8:00 pm Central . Will
    Thank You.. 4th
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Thank You.. 4th
    I think it's 9PM Eastern if youre in Eastern time zone

Feedback Score

Just caught the shows. Great work and inspiring. I gotta stop buy for a visit sometime. Glad to see a local boy make good. Keep it up. Now you gotta find a gun for me to engrave for you!
    Layne Z.
    BR.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jacket Firearms View Post
    I think the episode showcasing that gun airs tomorrow night . Will
    I am sitting watching the episode as I write. Enjoying it quite a bit. You and your guys did a great job with the integral suppressor. 126db just a few inches from the muzzle is what suppressors are all about. Did not hear a word about weight but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell it is going to be a bit heavier that your stock AK-47. Great gun. Great show; loved the ending. Who took the dip on the bayou?

Have any plans to work on a SBR version? Yeah, i know some will moan and complain about the double wammy. My guess is anyone who can shell out almost $3ks for a integrally suppressed gun, can shell out another $200 for the SBR tax.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Will you got a hit.

Excellent excellent show. Two thumbs up. I loved the coffee grinder rifle.
    Fast paced and informative.
    The Orange County Chopper show, for us gun lovers.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hey Will, have you suppressed an AK74 in 5.45 yet? What brings that up is a guy on another forum was wondering if his .223 suppressor would work on an AK74. The issue is the 5.45 bullets sometimes tend to move around quite a bit before settling down into stable flight, oblong holes in targets closer than 50 yards is common. Was just wondering how big the baffle holes would have to be to compensate?

Love your show, you're building some neat stuff. Is there anywhere we can watch online like HULU? I missed last weeks shows!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Hey Will, have you suppressed an AK74 in 5.45 yet? What brings that up is a guy on another forum was wondering if his .223 suppressor would work on an AK74. The issue is the 5.45 bullets sometimes tend to move around quite a bit before settling down into stable flight, oblong holes in targets closer than 50 yards is common. Was just wondering how big the baffle holes would have to be to compensate?

Love your show, you're building some neat stuff. Is there anywhere we can watch online like HULU? I missed last weeks shows!
    With 5.45 you really need a solid 2.5 inchs between the muzzel and the beginning of the suppressor internals to give the bullet time to stabilize . For 5.45 we use the same hole size as on the 30 cal AK can's , .378 . You gotta go a bit large on AK's for a variety of reasons , keep the can a bit short and make it fat .
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score

Just out of curiosity, and because it is the only episode I watch on repeat, I was wondering if anyone who actually has one of these rifles would care to share some anectotes.

RJ claims ballistics are similar to Krinkov...which one? Is/was there a production rifle with an 8.5" barrel? Afterall, that's a lengthy bullet path for a rifle not necessarily known as being suppressor ready.

Beng that this is a one stamp suppressed rifle, how does one go about accessing (maintaining) the barrel crown without additional transfers to RJ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.