Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Jacket today and our commitment for the future.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default Red Jacket today and our commitment for the future.

Red Jacket today and our commitment for the future.
    Guys, I felt it was past time to give ya’ll an update in what encompasses Red Jacket Firearms today! What started out with a small group has grown into a major endeavor. At last count, I think there was about 30 full time people here, a few part timers and a few subcontractors. We feel that the TV show has not kept up with what's actually happening here , instead , focusing on what they consider their core "cast" and some of the wilder custom and R&D stuff that comes along . Ya'll know all about that stuff, I want to take a minute and fill you in on "the rest of the story" .
    Off camera, we have two full production lines rolling in our second building and have just started dropping machinery in our third. This third building is larger than the first two combined and we're already wondering if we didn't sell ourselves short. The monthly growth we are experiencing typically happens in a time scale measured in years. This has not affected our commitment to detail, quality and customer service but rather has underlined it. The onslaught of orders, phone calls and e-mails was expected but it was also something that we were completely unable [financially] to prepare for.
    It's been a hard task catching administration, much less infrastructure, up to the demand and frankly, we're just now getting a handle on it. We're hiring people as fast as we can; getting them trained and on the line/behind the desk and we are still lagging behind our goal. The [supposedly] simple task of something as mundane as a "status check" turns into a nightmare when you're sorting through 2000 [daily] e-mails , 5 phone lines that never stop and a constant crowd at the door that just want to "take a look around" . BTW, it's a rare find for a "phone girl" that understands firearm production and assembly . We plug the holes as best we can, dealing with brushfires as they pop up while doing a systematic overall and redesign of the entire process. Meanwhile, we march forward; new facilities, new machinery and greatly enhanced capabilities. Our 1911 pistol , Piston AR , D.I. AR , Saiga , AK and Vepr furniture line , muzzle devices , new designs for our suppressors and a full accessory line are merely the beginning. Expect to see them on the shelf nationwide. All of the above however are an interim step. We have long range R&D project’s, some you've seen in our proof of concept builds, some you'll see pieces of and some we'll need to hold close till fully developed . Every day seems to open a new door; we owe all this to the people bought us here, you, our customers. You have our eternal gratitude and our commitment to be and do the very best for you that we possibly can. Thank you, Will
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Will, It's always a pleasure knowing you. I'm happy for your successes and wish you many more.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Red Jacket Firearms, "Sons of Guns" is a show that was waiting too happen.
    Interesting, informative, and entertaining.
    Thank your crew for putting American gun owners in a positive spotlight.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

best of luck to you Will, and don't forget to slow down every once in a while to enjoy life.BTW, i still have that 74 you built me about 6 yrs ago, and it still runs like new.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score

Will,

I think you are doing a great job. That being said from a business standpoint it is always hard to make decisions that will carry your business into the future...beyond TVLand.

When to expand, when to hire, what product to focus on, how much to invest, revenue etc. Strategic planning is just as important as customizing a weapon...your customizing your business plan.

Although TV income from contracst is always welcomed, it is a short term windfall. How you invest that income is a long term win. "Plan for the worst, hope for the best," is my motto. Go slow Will, invest on products and capital that will give you a long-term return on your investment and sustain RJF beyond Discovery Channel.

Short-term goals should be maximizing you TV income while building several strong product lines such as 1911, AR, AK etc....plus have fun! Also as we have experienced with the Y2K fears and loads of investment for an event that did not happen, you may want to build up a product or two with a price-point average folks can afford in order to prepare for the Dec. 2012 "Armegeddon" the survivalists are anticipating. There will be a run of weapons purchase and gear within the next 18-24 months in addition to the Obamanesque pressures on gun control.

As a card carrying NRA member, I wish you and the family all the best.

Doug D.
    West Virginia

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Congratulations on your well earned success!
    "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."
    Therefore, whoever wishes for peace, let him prepare for war.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah really, congrats on having a successful business.
    Didn't realize you had that much going on, thought your shop was mainly what's shown on the show.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Yeah really, congrats on having a successful business.
    Didn't realize you had that much going on, thought your shop was mainly what's shown on the show.
    we run into that a lot . people have actually gotten pissed when i'm unavailable for their phone call .

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Winn , 4th , El , ya'll we're the recipients of many a late night , Jim Beam inspired " hey , you know what would be cool " post lol If it weren't for that early guidance , I shudder to think were we would be today . "gone" most likely . Will

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up Will..

You got it goin on.
    I dont give a damn about no ratings.
    For real.
    Everyone here knows about your show.
    Even my Dr. at the V.A. said. "You know Will "Sons of Guns.?"
    "Hell Yah." Old friend.
    Thanks for your shows including Vets Will.
    Keep up the good work. Were watching.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red Jacket today and our commitment for the future.-nam-picts-004.jpg  

"Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.