Thread: Origin of the name Red Jacket Firearms?

Feedback Score

Default Origin of the name Red Jacket Firearms?

Hey Ya'll

Now I know I've seen here and there a mention of Red-Stick Firearms, and now its Red Jacket Firearms.

I understand the red-stick part (a quick french lesson and a read of the BR wiki), but who dreamed up Red-Jacket?

(Please bear in mind that I'm on the other side of the world from BR, almost 7700 miles away in New Zealand. Local sayings don't mean much to a very non-local.)

Also, if you're Red Jacket firearms, why isn't there a Red Jacket on the sales list?

wyse

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Red Jacket is my name . It's also been the name of the company since it's founding and has always been used on the manufacturing side of the house . I had a retail storefront and indoor range for 3-5 years that was " Red Stick" [ I got tired of explaining the name to everyone who walked in the door ] . Anyway , hope that clears it up . Will
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score

Will - I just realized that we met when I saw your explanation of the Red-Stick name. I was ridding my Harley through town back in 2007 and stopped in to shoot a new Kahr 9mm I just got. You came back in the range to shoot some rounds through it since you had not shot a Kahr yet, we BS’ed and then you brought me a full-auto AR-15 9mm to “play” with for a while, had a blast!

I tell people the story all the time, but now I can add the SofG reference to it! Glad to hear things are going well.

Would love to ride back down with a buddy of mine and purchase some gear from you! Take care,

Ken

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Right on Ken . The good ole days

Feedback Score

Hi Will, do you still have a range open to the public or open to new memberships, if so could you give some details thanks

Gene

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eheck View Post
    Hi Will, do you still have a range open to the public or open to new memberships, if so could you give some details thanks

Gene
    no , not for 5-6 years. strictly manufacturing .

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Will, hope all is well with you and yours. I know you're too busy to peruse the boards daily like you used to, but that's a good thing. Just know that you are missed my friend.

Semper Fi
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    Will, hope all is well with you and yours. I know you're too busy to peruse the boards daily like you used to, but that's a good thing. Just know that you are missed my friend.
    +1
    Will's definitely one of the good guys. I really do enjoy the show, but also miss the old days.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.