Thread: Ultimate AR-15

Feedback Score

Smile Ultimate AR-15

Hey Will,

I love the premise the Katana was built on. I want more though and I don’t know how to build the full package of what I want. I think of it as a Katana on steroids.

I was looking at the Colt SP6940; a good name brand. It’s .223 or NATO and accepts M-16 Magazines. 14 inch barrel and collapsible stock. I want the Red Dot Optic and a 3X magnifier behind it. I also want a Sure Fire pulse light at about 10 O’clock for a thumb touch. I definitely want a tactical sling. Night Optics would be awesome but likely out of reality. All of these could be bought anywhere; however, I want it to also to have dependable “Iron Sights” for a bad day. All the toys need to fold away or I can see myself using a tree to bash them off my rifle on that “bad day”.

I know that Colt is a quality gun, however, I don’t want to pay their premium price and still take it to an expert Gunsmith (like you) to get it to Mil-Spec. I also don’t want to play the buy-by-the-piece game and waste money with parts that don’t match. Although I wonder what Manufacture platform you use, I trust that you would not sell me anything you would not deem reliable to protect my family.

I think there’s a market for what I described. There is likely a lot that could be added that I didn’t mention. You may have already built it and I can’t find it. I can see that there is a long waiting list for Gunsmith creations and specialties. I would like to see you market the “Ultimate AR-15”. I’ll buy the first one!

BTW: My daughter and I watch your show all the time. You caught her as you best fan when you made you statement about everything you built was for her (your daughter) and you would … (lots of beeps)… get rid of everything for her. My daughter looked at me and said that you sound like me. She was right; we both admire you and your Daughter. Ya’ll are in our prayers.

God Bless,
    Bobby

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks Bobby , we don't sell any of the accessories though . On our website , we have 2 other rifles besides the Katana with 4-6 factory options . Will
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score

Ok, maybe Will was the wrong one to ask. It seems he is busy with all he has on his plate already.

I would like to ask those who have successfully added accessories to their AR-15 to give the rest of us a description of what the tried that did not work and what they did that did work.

I was going to use a Colt SP6940 to start with, but I would like other suggestions and accessories. I’m starting with nothing and little knowledge. Any suggestions or advice is very welcome.

Thanks

Feedback Score

Hello
    FYI colt Ar 15 rifle has two "large pin holes" for the trigger- hammer- sear, this does not interchange with mil-spec receiver. Mil-spec has two small pin holes.You need to buy "large pin" trigger parts if needed. Most AR 15 rifles will use mil spec small pin.

The colt upper and lower receivers two take down pins that are not mil-spec sized, it does not interchange with mil-spec AR 15 rifles without a offset adapter pin for the front hole. Most other AR 15 rifles brands are mil-spec.

The upper and lower receivers comes apart with only two take down pins, it takes maybe 10 seconds to push out two pins and pull up the upper half off the lower half, you can have extra complete upper barrel assy with long barrel and scope, a lighter shorter barrel with red dot, M4 barrel profile or other configerations you like, pull out two take down pins then take out switch the upper assembly and put in a differant upper half assembly onto your same lower half. You can have few extra uppers that will fit onto your lower make it multiple barrel rifle. Should only use same brand upper to match the same brand lower to get better fit, otherwise a differant brand may fit loose or tight and color don't match.

There are two most common AR 15 caliber sizes to consider, a 308 ( 7.62x51 mm ) cal and 223 ( 5.56x45 mm )cal. The larger 308 cal has a pretty good hard hitting bullet and it cost more, 223 is less powerful but has fast bullet and is cheaper.

Remember you must only use 16 1/2 barrel assembly and longer to stay legal otherwise you need proper paperwork, most barrels range from 16 1/2 inches to 24 inches. Be smart and research before you do anything. Check your local laws. Use your brain Good luck

Feedback Score

Mr. Hayden, I shoot regularly and 5.56 can be a little out of my price range for the amount that I like to shoot. I have been talking to several people about the .22 conversion kits. Some say that the bolt carrier assembly is the best way to go and that I could use my same optics. However, others say to change the whole upper because the slightly smaller .22 round can create a wobble that will over time damage your riffling. Whats your opinion? Also I have a bump-fire stock that spits out the 5.56 rather quick and can be expensive really quick. Could I use that with the .22 round or would it not have enough recoil to work the stock?
    Thanks,

Storm

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by warriorscout View Post
    Mr. Hayden, I shoot regularly and 5.56 can be a little out of my price range for the amount that I like to shoot. I have been talking to several people about the .22 conversion kits. Some say that the bolt carrier assembly is the best way to go and that I could use my same optics. However, others say to change the whole upper because the slightly smaller .22 round can create a wobble that will over time damage your riffling. Whats your opinion? Also I have a bump-fire stock that spits out the 5.56 rather quick and can be expensive really quick. Could I use that with the .22 round or would it not have enough recoil to work the stock?
    Thanks,

Storm
    I'd go with a dedicated upper , you really need that .22LR barrel if you plan on hitting anything . I don't think the slidefire would work with a .22lr , no recoil .

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredFLLEO View Post
    Ok, maybe Will was the wrong one to ask. It seems he is busy with all he has on his plate already.

I would like to ask those who have successfully added accessories to their AR-15 to give the rest of us a description of what the tried that did not work and what they did that did work.

I was going to use a Colt SP6940 to start with, but I would like other suggestions and accessories. I’m starting with nothing and little knowledge. Any suggestions or advice is very welcome.

Thanks
    Things have changed since my original answer . I'm not going to play salesman , but you'll a lot of stuff for the AR on our website

Feedback Score

I have seen YouTube .22 ARs that worked with bumpfire. I personally tried a S&W MP22 on my bumpfire stock and it would not work. Perhaps a lighter trigger, but I really doubt you would enjoy much success.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by BILLPHOTO View Post
    I have seen YouTube .22 ARs that worked with bumpfire. I personally tried a S&W MP22 on my bumpfire stock and it would not work. Perhaps a lighter trigger, but I really doubt you would enjoy much success.
    Contact my ol'e buddy D. Harris. He knows how to make these things work on bumpfire and post sample weapons.
    harrissrREMOVE@netscape.com
    P.S. These are videos of his products. Watch the .22 AR testfire.
    Not sure who is shooting that rifle, it's not D. Harris though.
    Pastor Harris is the grey haired guy.
    Bazooka Brothers Mfg.

His drum adapter is fun also. Tell him Kenny sent ya.

I'm pretty sure strobro32 on the UZITALK forum did a slidefire S&W MP22.

HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score

Dude that shit is funny and so true.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.