Thread: RJF Opinion

Feedback Score

Default RJF Opinion

Will,

First off I wanna say Semper Fi. I'm a Marine with 3 combat deployments (2 to Iraq and 1 to Afghanistan) and during my time over seas I have learned that AK rifles work. I am a big time AR guy and have that peice down pack, but me and my dad (SgtMaj Ret. '68-'98) have both been shot at enough by the AK to know it is dependable and are both looking to kick open the door into that world. I just wanna know what your opinion is about more modern day upgrades to the AK. I have been looking at a lot of thisngs from Midwest Industries and I'm a fan of a lot of their AR products. If there is anything you can speak on regarding upgrades for the AK I would love to hear your opinion. We are looking for rail systems, optic mountings, the works. I have picked up many of them and couldn't help but notice they can be better. Thanks for doing what you do and hope to hear back from you soon.

Sgt, USMC
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    Will,

First off I wanna say Semper Fi. I'm a Marine with 3 combat deployments (2 to Iraq and 1 to Afghanistan) and during my time over seas I have learned that AK rifles work. I am a big time AR guy and have that peice down pack, but me and my dad (SgtMaj Ret. '68-'98) have both been shot at enough by the AK to know it is dependable and are both looking to kick open the door into that world. I just wanna know what your opinion is about more modern day upgrades to the AK. I have been looking at a lot of thisngs from Midwest Industries and I'm a fan of a lot of their AR products. If there is anything you can speak on regarding upgrades for the AK I would love to hear your opinion. We are looking for rail systems, optic mountings, the works. I have picked up many of them and couldn't help but notice they can be better. Thanks for doing what you do and hope to hear back from you soon.

Sgt, USMC
    So many options these days , if you stay away from the Chinese knock-off stuff , you should be ok
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Abukai08 View Post
    Will,

Sgt, USMC
    Sarge, you asked Will and he answered. Prolly shouldn't stick my 2 cents worth in, but here goes...

First, from a retired wingnut (USAF - where we send our OFFICER's out to get shot at), Thank You for your service.

Second, I was a die hard AR guy for a long time. Sneered at all things AK. Thought they were junk. The more I studied, the more I became convinced that weren't true. So I bought one.

The only thing I've added is a pair of Meprolight night sites. They are fantastic - great daytime sight picture (for my almost 57 year old eyes), and the tritium inserts work well. I recommend them, even if you are thinking about putting an EOTAC or ACOG on yours.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by IrishCop View Post
    Sarge, you asked Will and he answered. Prolly shouldn't stick my 2 cents worth in, but here goes...

First, from a retired wingnut (USAF - where we send our OFFICER's out to get shot at), Thank You for your service.

Second, I was a die hard AR guy for a long time. Sneered at all things AK. Thought they were junk. The more I studied, the more I became convinced that weren't true. So I bought one.

The only thing I've added is a pair of Meprolight night sites. They are fantastic - great daytime sight picture (for my almost 57 year old eyes), and the tritium inserts work well. I recommend them, even if you are thinking about putting an EOTAC or ACOG on yours.
    I will look into that thanks for the advice. Thanks for your response Will I will keep that in mind. If I can get out to the Baton Rouge area I will bring it out once it's put together so you can take a look at it and make suggestions. Keep doing what you are doing and make us gun owners (and marines) look like real people and not bitter Americans who refuse to let go of our rights. Semper Fi.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.