Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Wilson's Krink from Afghanistan!

Feedback Score

that would be badass to get that gun some air time on tv.

but someone suggest ___

You want the best AK builder in the country look no further then Ted Marshal at Marshal Arms. The cream of the crop.
    Marshall Arms

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by forbes View Post
    until i get enough posts i cant message him...
    i am sure it is one of the drones....
    the guy was like charlie wilson who?
    i am pretty sure if the word got to him he would do (rather on the show or not)
    the rebuild. i just want it done right. to preserve it the best as possible
    Will usually checks in on the weekends, if he is home. Make a new thread with a title that will catch his eye and wait a bit. Also, you are more than welcome to hang out here and get your post count up to PM him. If it doesn't work out with RJF or you want some more options there are a several 'Smiths out there with good AK building skills.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up forbes...

Cool as hell you got that. Better than money in the bank.
    What kernel said.
    Just start a new post on Red Jackets threads.
    Will has been here a long time. He will answer you direct.
    Welcome too Gunco..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

First I've heard of it . You might want to know that somewhere between one and two thousand people a day simply 'must" talk to me . Our staff does God's work sorting through it all , if you want to do business with us you might want to drop the "drone" stuff . What I'm going to bet is that you told someone here that you had a AK kit that used to belong to someone famous and they told you we're not taking in gunsmithing or custom work at this time . BTW , we take in job's that we want to work on , the tv people film what they want to and their reasoning normally [to us] defies understanding . I'm saying , just 'cause we take in somthing we thing is incredible doesn't mean they'll ever put a camera on it .
    Will Hayden, RedJacket Firearms
    www.Redstick-Firearms.com

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Cool as hell you got that. Better than money in the bank.
    you know i was wondering about that. i was following the auction like many other people. gun broker has a feature where in the last 15 minutes in an auction someone places a bid the 15 minutes reset. that auction went 4 hours after the scheduled ending! there was some fierce bidding on that thing with 32 bids and almost 4000 views! it was like watching an AK superbowl event.

i bet the guy who sold it felt stupid as his 3500 reserve blew by and doubled to almost 8000. on one forum someone said that high bidder would have gone to 100k in order to secure that krink. i figure if you can spend 100k on a krink why stop there right?

so my question 4thIDvet is do you really believe that something like this krink is a good or great investment as compared to say something like silver?

if you consider that the original owner probably doubled his money with a 3500 reserve and then the buyer has an investment of close to 8000. also consider that we are in a crap economy and those are just parts. now think that many historical discoveries have started out and changed hands at very modest prices to only EXPLODE latter as time goes on.

so i have been thinking, and the fact is (by accident) ever gun i have ever bought has always eventually amazed me how much they have increased in price. i try and pick nice stuff that i can afford and guns have at least done better than most any investment i can think of. i bought a gun for my collection once 30+ years ago for 50. and sold it for 4500 recently. i had another that i paid 125. for and sold it for 3800. also recently, but i had it over 30 years.

i could KICK myself for not buying weapons of historical significance when the very rare opportunity arises! because i could only dream how much something like this will be worth eventually. but i guess are you really a gun guy at that point of a history buff? are you buying a weapon or preserving history? i need to learn how to replicate some more of those 50. to 4500 deals and not just do it by luck!

c

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jacket Firearms View Post
    First I've heard of it . You might want to know that somewhere between one and two thousand people a day simply 'must" talk to me . Our staff does God's work sorting through it all , if you want to do business with us you might want to drop the "drone" stuff . What I'm going to bet is that you told someone here that you had a AK kit that used to belong to someone famous and they told you we're not taking in gunsmithing or custom work at this time . BTW , we take in job's that we want to work on , the tv people film what they want to and their reasoning normally [to us] defies understanding . I'm saying , just 'cause we take in somthing we thing is incredible doesn't mean they'll ever put a camera on it .
    thanks for the response,
    I am sure you receive more phone calls then what you stated. You are correct, I stated that I had purchased Charlie Wilsons Krink kit and they responded with you are not currently taking any new builds. He refereed me to another place.

Feedback Score

3 part post

------------------

:general comment mostly talking to myself.

must have been drunk or passed out i missed the drone thing flew right over my head.
    -------------------

comment to mr. will

love the show!
    ------------------

question to the guy who bought the krink?

how much would you have really paid for that thing? may i please ask or pm me if you wish but i have to know

also why did you buy it was it an investment a collection what? you realize your like the number 1 AK (parts) owner in the world.

ps do you expect any legal action from a&m to try and get the krink back, quite a buzz about the disrespect like right after the guy dies they throw his crap out.
    ------------------

ah heck let's make it a 4 part post

4thIDvet what do you think the value of this krink could be? what would have impact on it's value at this point? i know i was thinking i would give the guy his money back on it for sure!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile

Geez. I am the wrong guy too ask.
    I bought 4 of Davie Crocketts guns and two knives owned by Jim Bowie.
    Their is a famous picture of Jessie James mother, sitting on her porch.
    After his death, tourist were flocking their by the hundreds too buy his gun.
    So Mom, using her head, got a barrel of the gun type he carried.
    Then sat on the porch holding one pistol.
    "Yes Sir, this be my boys gun. $10 dollars please."
    Next. $$$$
    Paper documentation is of up most importance.
    That is why Colt and Winchester keep historical records as best they can.
    Yes, I guess too answer your question.
    With the info given.
    If I had the money, which I dont. I would have grabbed that weapon.
    Hell I just paid $1,500 for just a Yugo Krink, by the time I got done with paper work, build, etc..
    Then again. I have two of Jim Bowies knives.
    Wanna by one. Cheap.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

This is an amazing story thanks for sharing and congrats on winning the auction.
    Overspecialize and you breed in weakness.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Here's one for you
    1500.00 and its yours

Remember when we was playing matchbox cars in science class? Who's retarded now?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.