Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Wilson's Krink from Afghanistan!

Feedback Score

Default Charlie Wilson's Krink from Afghanistan!

It would be nice if Red Jacket were to Build this!

This Krink kit is more than a parts kit to build a Krink with...this is a piece of World History! When Texas Reapresentative Charlie Wilson was helping the Mujihadeen fight the Soviets in the mid 1980's he was given various guns that he brought back to the USA. Being a member of congress has its advantages and the ATF allowed Wilson to own these machine guns and register them on a Form 10 (essentially a government owned gun). Charlie donated these guns to Texas A&M University at some point and there they remained undisplayed until the time of his recent death. At that time the University decided to have them destroyed even though they had been rendered inoperable by pouring epoxy into the barrels.

Charlie Wilson's Krink from Afghanistan! Krinkov : Gun Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

Probably the most significant weapon in American History second only to the Kennedy rifle. Amazing someone snagged this! Texas A&M are asking themselves how this slipped through there hands. Many cadets are very upset that the weapon was in a closet for years and they never knew the history of where the krink came from.

TexAgs.com - Military

This needs to be on the show because of the historical significance and the patriotism of the AK of all AK's! Pictured with Charlie in Afghanistan. This weapon is first year production and is a highly prized battlefield pickup presented to Charlie.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thumbs up

Interesting story, thank you..
    Got a strange feeling their is going too be more to this story on the weapon.
    Read the comments.
    That is a valuable piece.
    But now questions are coming out, how it got out of storage and sold.
    Someone got a good deal on the weapon, with the history behind it.
    But somehow I smell lawyers, before this is all over.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Interesting story, thank you..
    Got a strange feeling their is going too be more to this story on the weapon.
    Read the comments.
    That is a valuable piece.
    But now questions are coming out, how it got out of storage and sold.
    Someone got a good deal on the weapon, with the history behind it.
    But somehow I smell lawyers, before this is all over.
    came across this as i was doing some research. i won the bid, and it would be nice if red jacket wanted to do the build. i contacted them earlier and the response was " we are not doing any builds at this time".. to bad, it is such a piece of history

Feedback Score

I think Red Jacket just blew a great comeback episode after going Jersey Shore on us for not taking you up on such a historical build. Thank you for sharing the story and congratulations on winning the auction.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by forbes View Post
    came across this as i was doing some research. i won the bid, and it would be nice if red jacket wanted to do the build. i contacted them earlier and the response was " we are not doing any builds at this time".. to bad, it is such a piece of history
    dude congrats on the win! i would run and hide with that thing cause i think the feds will be coming after it since the government owned it. especially with the history it's just un-freaking believable this thing got out into the public. think it should really be center piece at the smithsonian institution.

i pulled the below off the aggie forum, they be some questions flying over there. you should donate the gun to the texas longhorns since the aggies were too dumb to hang on to it. (sorry aggies just sayin)

=========

Charlie Wilson and the Mujahedin gave us the fall of Russia in Afghanistan, which lead to the fall of the Soviet Union, which also lead to the rise of Al-queda, which lead to 9-11 which lead to the Afghanistan and Iraq wars....

One of the most significant weapons in American History and the AK of all AK's. Plus it is first year production. On the NFA papers they made a mistake on the caliber because I guess the 5.45 was so new.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The "government" didn't own it, Charlie Wilson did then the University. In any event, the government, through ATF, approved the transfer to the University via a Form 10. So it was legally owned by the University Museum. When the receiver was destroyed, the "gun" ceased to exist as far as ATF is concerned, all that's left was a pile of parts that are not a gun. Assuming the destruction was done properly, ATF is out of it.

Now, who authorized the destruction and sale, who got the money, etc. is the question that might yield charges. Most likely just a local PD, unless the sale over state lines brings in the FBI.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by forbes View Post

Did you talk to Will or one of the "Phone Drones" who are just repeating what they are told to say to everyone who asks? RJF is a sponsor here, Will checks in occasionally. If I were you and you really want them to do the job on the show, I would post a message here asking him directly. He still might turn it down, but you never know til you ask.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Did you talk to Will or one of the "Phone Drones" who are just repeating what they are told to say to everyone who asks? RJF is a sponsor here, Will checks in occasionally. If I were you and you really want them to do the job on the show, I would post a message here asking him directly. He still might turn it down, but you never know til you ask.
    if this guy really did get it - he needs to ask - i agree this would be huge!

what would make me happy is that it would show democrats that some of them loved guns and actually cherished them and owned them. this is a huge connection between dems and the firearms community.

often i think dems=hate guns and reps=love guns, a show featuring this would possibly change others who think that. heck obammy should commission the build himself it might prevent me from throwing the vote all republican party lever, lol.

yea at least get turned down by will if you can get him that is.

ps oh yea KK good point about the aft thing, i just figured that the feds owned it and like loaned it to a&m. didn't know all that stuff you posted thanks.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    I think Red Jacket just blew a great comeback episode after going Jersey Shore on us for not taking you up on such a historical build. Thank you for sharing the story and congratulations on winning the auction.
    Hi Frogman,

I will freely admit; I like Will and and I understand how Hollywood works. The Jersey Shore thing is just out of line. To us as an audience, yes, it is akin to Jersey Shore. We represent less than 1% of the population. To the other 99% who watch, and are now buying Red Jacket at record volumes, this is the holy grail of firearms info. Sad, but true.

Take it easy on Will. He is a good guy just like us. He has NO control, and if he tried to exert control, the show would go the way of the Buffalo. Trust me. That is how it's done in Hollywood. And if you doubt that those decisions are made there, well....Sorry. It is the truth.

While I am not trying to disparage your wife, just ask yourself this...If you do it like the show does it, will your wife (or more importantly the 99% of wives) watch the show? Or would she / they be more inclined to watch the show if it were done in a manner that would REALLY please you and I????

Again, no disrespect intended to you or your wife. The simple reality is that these shows have to be packaged up like happy meals in order to get consumed. Just the simple facts of life in the Nielson Ratings Game...
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

until i get enough posts i cant message him...
    i am sure it is one of the drones....
    the guy was like charlie wilson who?
    i am pretty sure if the word got to him he would do (rather on the show or not)
    the rebuild. i just want it done right. to preserve it the best as possible

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.