Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by earnie View Post
    my box has
    ser# 460
    dated 6/90
    with a #10 on the front side
    what is this data needed for
    i did not keep track of the numbers as i unwrapped it all but can someone tell me what #47 is supposed to be and then i can scrounge thru my box and let you know if it is in there
    So far, one person has a manifest that lists an item #47, the description of which translates as "night sights." So far, out of 25 odd boxes that is the only one with this anomaly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

i am guessing that the reason the night sights are not in the box is due to the fact that they are radioactive=that is what makes them glow in the dark,
    i had the same thing happen to a deuce and a half i bought from a govenment sales auction
    i went to pick it up and the instrument cluster was missing due to this same fact

Our customers are #1 APEXgunparts's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by earnie View Post
    i am guessing that the reason the night sights are not in the box is due to the fact that they are radioactive=that is what makes them glow in the dark,
    i had the same thing happen to a deuce and a half i bought from a govenment sales auction
    i went to pick it up and the instrument cluster was missing due to this same fact
    Yugo AK's (kits) and SKS rifles come into the USA with tritium sights.
    There is also a brand of South African made pistols that are delivered with tritium sights.
    Being that these boxes have been sealed for a long time I don't believe anything was removed to make them importable.

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts
    http://www.apexgunparts.com

719-481-2050 Order Line

Mon-Fri 8am to 4:30 pm Mountain time

Like us on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/ApexGunParts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by APEXgunparts View Post
    Yugo AK's (kits) and SKS rifles come into the USA with tritium sights.
    There is also a brand of South African made pistols that are delivered with tritium sights.
    Being that these boxes have been sealed for a long time I don't believe anything was removed to make them importable.

Richard
    thanks for the info, i really am happy with the stuff i got from you at any rate, and am not complaining at all, hell i am happy to have gotten in on this deal
    it just seems weird that most of these kits have the same thing missing

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Got two more being delivered tomorrow, so if anybody has spare sealing wires & seals; I will check to see if the elusive #47 is inside! I did get two sets with my Tantal kit years ago, so it is not a big deal to me if they are just standard sights in the boxes. The rest of the parts, since I have a pile of parts kits to rebuild, is the thing I am after, except for storage of some of the best armours kits for future use!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Two more boxes from APEX :
    481 sealed 12-1990
    490 sealed 12-1990

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I just got mine last night #521 sealed 6/30/1989r no number 47. All of the parts looked brand new, I did recive a few with rust on them though.
    Last edited by bulrich; 04-09-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Feedback Score

For Sale Re: Polish AKMS New Armorers Kits at APEX Gun Parts

For a few days last week we were receiving semi-truck loads of more parts, magazines, kits, mounts, etc. During all the moving around of existing product we noted a box on a pallet that had what appeared to be Polish AKMS Armorers kits. The Warehouse Manager was consulted and it was discovered that these were kits that were not sold previously due to one of two problems. Most exhibit obvious signs of water exposure/damage and a few had shattered wooden boxes. These Armorers kits were awaiting a time when the warehouse crew could break them down, examine the components and sort them into the parts bins to be sold as individual AK parts.
    I have persuaded Jeff to let me offer the water damaged Polish Armorers kits to the forum members who may have missed the chance to buy one of these when we had them in stock.

These water damaged kits still have the wire seal intact and have never been opened, so we have no idea as to the condition of the parts contained inside.
    These water damaged Polish Armorers kits are sold "AS IS" with no returns or exchanges.
    We now have less than 30 of these kits available.
    Price is $125 for each kit plus the shipping.
    These will not be listed on the web site and can only be purchased by calling the office/Order Line during business hours.
    719-481-2050

Richard@apexgunparts.com
    APEX Gun Parts

719-481-2050 Order Line

Like us on Facebook!

Feedback Score

Do you still have any of the Polish AKMS New Armorers Kits left?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by naturalcracker View Post
    Do you still have any of the Polish AKMS New Armorers Kits left?
    I do believe we have a few of the water damaged Polish AKMS Armorers kits (described above) left to sell.
    You will need to phone the office during our business hours if you wish to purchase any of them.

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts

719-481-2050 Order Line

Like us on Facebook!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.