Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SG43 Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Does anyone know if the SGM barrel will work with ths SG43? I know that the two recievers and internals are a bit different.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrich View Post
    Does anyone know if the SGM barrel will work with ths SG43? I know that the two recievers and internals are a bit different.
    the barrel locking blocks are different, but they can be made to work.

Feedback Score

Pirate, I've seen you mention (on another thread) that there are gunsmiths out there who will reline/sleeve these barrels. Do you know any off the top of your head?

Thanks!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1994ranger View Post
    Pirate, I've seen you mention (on another thread) that there are gunsmiths out there who will reline/sleeve these barrels. Do you know any off the top of your head?

Thanks!

great question. I found a machine shop that will install 4130 steel Allen plugs, ream / polish the inside, and them TIG weld the plugs with a penetrating weld and grind smooth the repair.

I have 11 barrels. I am hoping to get mine built and use a known good loaner barrel if Stan does not want to test fire with mine. (which I understand)

i think 2 of my barrels are sleeve candidates for sure, as they were drilled right in the shoulder of the chamber. The others were drilled far aft at the chamber, which is easy to fill and polish out.

Sleeves would be a good alternative. Shop is charging me $100.00 each to plug / weld mine.

Feedback Score

Is your machine shop doing the barrels for others, if so contact info, thanks!

Feedback Score

APEX is selling kits with non demilled barrels. I little pricey, but considering cheapest non demilled barrel I've seen for sale was $350, the price is inline.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Lukez View Post
    Is your machine shop doing the barrels for others, if so contact info, thanks!

sorry been busy. I am a car collector and the shop i used does other work for me. I asked and they will not do this for anyone else for liability reasons. sorry. i will have 10 repaired barrels when they are done, and i may sell off a few of them with full disclosure.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by THECARREAPER View Post
    sorry been busy. I am a car collector and the shop i used does other work for me. I asked and they will not do this for anyone else for liability reasons. sorry. i will have 10 repaired barrels when they are done, and i may sell off a few of them with full disclosure.
    Wow, sounds like a nice deal for you. Keep us posted on how they work. I'm still hoping someone is able to successfully sleeve the barrel by chopping it into 3-4 pieces, boring out those pieces, and sliding them over a Nagant barrel.

Feedback Score

Whenever you complete these barrels if you have them for sale, contact me at lukezatarski@hotmail.com. Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What do you think of drilling/plugging/TIG the three holes if I use it for a blank fire only barrel?
    Anyone know of a blank firing adapter for this gun or at least what the hole size might be?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.