Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Accepting RPD kits again

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Any word on Stan? Myself & another buddy have gotten DSA receivers plus kits & are ready go ship when we get the word from Stan!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score

FloridaAKM
    If you have "in spec" receivers, and I'm guessing DSA's would qualify, and a complete kit... give Pirate a call and see if he will fit your build in. When I spoke with him a few weeks ago, his only problem with the RPD builds was the receiver wait, so I patiently wait as well. However, if you have one from DSA, I would give him a call.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Newvik,
    I chatted with Stan this morning about the builds after he looked thru the kits & in spec receivers we sent him. The builds are in the assembly line to be built in the time frame that Stan could offer! I was hoping that some others had some current dealings with Stan so I didn't go barging into one of his projects that occupies much of his time!

December seems to be the time when the newest in spec receivers are slated to be delivered from the new supplier! Stan is still set up to do builds on the DSA Receivers from his big run last year!

During my last Knob Creek October MGS, the DSA RPD receivers were still there in the range shop as they were the year before. The Staff would not sell them to an out of stater, but they would sell to an FFL of mine in Florida. Short story is the receivers & kits are awaiting to be built by Stan as we speak!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

What are the out of spec receivers?? I have a line on a Wiselite.. any problems with them?? B2B

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

B2B I haven't heard anything first hand about "out of spec" receivers, the closest I can think of is with the first gen WLA's which had theirs threaded for the barrel and some people were having a hard time getting them clocked properly for head spacing when using the original barrel.
    But I'm sure all the others you either threaded it yourself or turned the threads off the barrel for a press fit.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Coils, you might want to call Stan & talk personally to him about the out of spec receivers he had to deal with in the last 6 or so months. I have an original Wiselite threaded receiver that I bought from Stan years ago, that times out slightly short of perfect, but we know how to fix that. It was not that batch that bugged Stan, it was the one I mentioned earlier.
    Not to speak for Stan, but he liked to build on the DSA receivers better than the original Wiselite receivers as it is easier to cut off the threads & press the barrel home, than it is to time each used barrel to a new receiver. His work is warrentied & excellant as far as I am concerned!

Feedback Score

Talking

I see from the Project Guns website that Stan just received 95-100 state-of-the-art RPD Receivers!
    That means my RPD builds already underway there will be smokin' soon!
    OOHRAH!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.