Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: RPD Build Run

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The builds look GREAT!! Keep up the good work!

Feedback Score

If you mod the drum catch for the SAW pouch, can I still mount the RPD Drum?

If I shorten the bipod, is that too short for the RPD drum?

I like the short barrel version with M60 clone FH, and SAW pouches (I have several, but they are the 100 round version and only hold a 50 round RPD belt), but would like to retain the ability to shoot original.

Of course, I have a spare kit (with US barrel) I got for parts, so I could use the bipod off that if necessary. As long as the latch works for both.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by J4570 View Post

I like the short barrel version with M60 clone FH, and SAW pouches (I have several, but they are the 100 round version and only hold a 50 round RPD belt), but would like to retain the ability to shoot original.

Of course, I have a spare kit (with US barrel) I got for parts, so I could use the bipod off that if necessary. As long as the latch works for both.
    The saw pouch adapter screws on the side of the gun like the drum mount, you can switch them out. I can shorten the bipod so the drums will still work.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by J4570 View Post

Great post, glad you asked and that Pirate answered. i just bought 3 of those 100 round m249 pouches to try on my full length DSA RPD for overall fit. Seems like they will be way better than the drums. My DSA RPD is going on Gunbroker this weekend, as i want to keep my Project Guns Shorty instead ! Way to go Pirate !

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Today was not very productive, I had hoped to have all the fcg parts installed , but only got a few done. here are a couple photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RPD Build Run-dsc01211.jpg  

RPD Build Run-dsc01212.jpg  

Feedback Score

Well it is Friday, and who is honestly productive on the last day of the work week? I no I'm not

By the way the RPD's are looking great!

Feedback Score

I'm stocking up on ammo, I know I will go through a bunch.

Feedback Score

Stan...any idea when you'll be done? They look almost done right now. They are taking a lot less time than I figured. What's left besides refinishing? We talking 2 more weeks maybe? More? Less? I would think by the end of April I'll be at the range with mine.
    Last edited by M240G-0331; 04-02-2011 at 02:25 AM. Reason: I thought some more

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

although they look almost done there is still a significant amount of work to do. once all the parts are assembled they need to be final fitted and smoothed up. the bolts still need some work and then they need to be test fired. once they pass testing they need to be torn down and refinished. I can refinish 4-5 guns a day, so that in itself is a weeks worth of work.

In addition to all that some of the guns still need to have the bipods shortened. So we are looking at a few more weeks yet.

Feedback Score

Thanks for the update Stan.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

an rpd extractor cut

rpd striker spring

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.