Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 248

Thread: RPD Build Run

  1. #21
    Gunco Rookie M240G-0331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    it is hard to say, about 1/4 of the 21 guns being built are custom ones, I will be finishing these last. but I should have the rest ready to start testing in about 4 weeks. I should have all the receivers and kits prepped some time tomorrow and will start machining the internals .
    These "custom guns" don't happen to include any gun built on a Vector receiver do they? Or are they just guns with shorter barrels and such?

  2. #22
    No Hope For Me Coils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA Where the Amish Roam Free
    Posts
    14,026
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

    Default

    Pirate I got a question I hope you have some advice for.

    I just started messing with my kit & receiver, I got the receiver stub off the barrel and was comparing the barrel to the receiver. I got a Vector receiver and the barrel hole is about .090" smaller then the OD of the barrel.
    I really don't want to turn that much off the barrel, unless I have to.
    Do you have any suggestions how to open up the receiver hole any more?
    My mill isn't big enough and I don't see anyway to use the lathe.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

  3. #23
    Administrator pirate56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,996
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M240G-0331 View Post
    These "custom guns" don't happen to include any gun built on a Vector receiver do they? Or are they just guns with shorter barrels and such?
    Invoice # 1020 is a vector receiver and it is a standard build, if it is yours and that is not correct let me know.

  4. #24
    Administrator pirate56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,996
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    Pirate I got a question I hope you have some advice for.

    I just started messing with my kit & receiver, I got the receiver stub off the barrel and was comparing the barrel to the receiver. I got a Vector receiver and the barrel hole is about .090" smaller then the OD of the barrel.
    I really don't want to turn that much off the barrel, unless I have to.
    Do you have any suggestions how to open up the receiver hole any more?
    My mill isn't big enough and I don't see anyway to use the lathe.
    you need to turn the bbl to fit.

  5. #25
    Gunco Rookie M240G-0331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    Invoice # 1020 is a vector receiver and it is a standard build, if it is yours and that is not correct let me know.
    Yep that's mine and it is just a standard build. Glad it isn't going to take any longer, I've been trying to get this built for over a year now and now you finally got it. Can't wait for it. It's going to be cool.

  6. #26
    Administrator pirate56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,996
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

    Default

    I got all the kits prepped, these are some most excellent looking kits, Jerry did a great job of selecting them. they have really nice wood as well as like new metal.

    I got 3 of the 5 machine operations done on the bolt carriers and should have them complete by the end of the day friday. then I will be able to start barrel installation next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RPD Build Run-dsc01112.jpg  

    RPD Build Run-dsc01113.jpg  


  7. #27
    Gunco Regular The Dark Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    552
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

    Default

    Anyone want to sell a front stub like that in the photo, with the threads intact?

  8. #28
    Administrator pirate56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,996
    Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

    Default

    I split the stubs to get them off, they are scrap.

  9. #29
    No Hope For Me Coils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    PA Where the Amish Roam Free
    Posts
    14,026
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

    Default

    Thanks Pirate
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

  10. #30
    Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Missouri/ Ark border
    Posts
    6,030
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Default

    Thank you Pirate for moving your forums to Gunco.
    I have now lost ANY small desire I ever had to open a shop like yours.
    Best wishes for continued success & I'm staying retired to play with my own projects on MY time....Heh.....Heh
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •