Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Any news on the RPD builds?

Feedback Score

Feel better hc?

Actually, there seems to be quite a bit of patience in this thread. I don't see where anyone expected PG to deliver in 6-8 weeks. Maybe I missed it.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Got the RPD from Stan yesterday & I must say it was worth the wait! If you are in a hurry, go get one from centerfire & good luck on the warrenty work getting done!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score

That certainly is a concern if someone gets an RPD from Centerfire Systems. I believe those were made by Wiselite but I could be wrong. Although, Wiselite may still support them but I have no idea if this is true or not.

In all fairness though, let's hear from some folks (that might not have direct access to Stan) that had to have warranty work done on their PG RPDs. I expect those reports to be positive but we don’t know for sure.

Trust me, if mine comes back and runs 100% I'll be the first to post the appropriate and well-deserved "kudos" to Stan. Same thing with the shorty that he's building for me now. If it runs problem free to 1,000 rounds I'll post the appropriate feedback.

Of course, if any problems are the result of moody links I certainly wouldn’t expect anyone (including myself) to hold Stan responsible. The use of buggered up belts is something that he cannot control.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that FloridaAKM (or anyone else in this run) should get out there and blow a thousand rounds through it and then get back with us. Kind of a "put your money where your mouth is" thing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I am still waiting on mine but the first one that Stan built for me works flawless! The one he is building for me now is a super shorty. I plan on taking to the range the day I pick it up. Never had an issue with any of his work.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

So, I guess what I'm saying is that FloridaAKM (or anyone else in this run) should get out there and blow a thousand rounds through it and then get back with us. Kind of a "put your money where your mouth is" thing.

Let's see, $400.00 for the kit, $1250.00 for the build, wait 7 months for the build to be complete. I beleive that I have voted with my wallet so to speak. Unless you want to send me a case of ammo to burn thru for you satisfaction, I suggest you put your money where your mouth is & buy the one you most beleive in!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score

Wait a minute. You have $1,650 and 7 months into the build and won’t spend another $200 for a case of ammo?? Hey, if you had it built only for display purposes that’s okay but then you really can’t speak for the long-term reliability of the weapon or the durability of the build.

“I suggest you put your money where your mouth is & buy the one you most beleive in” you say? Well, I believe that I have done just that. Stan built one for me last year and I have another build in this latest run. Why? Because, at the time, I was convinced that PG was the way to go. I still believe/hope that this is true as it does seem that the problems with Stan’s builds are few. Perhaps it’ll turn out that I should have gone with DSA but we may never know because I decided to toss business Stan’s way instead. I still believe that he’ll get my original rifle running 100% but we’re currently in the middle of that process.

Hopefully my experiences will mirror bulrich’s. One thing’s for certain – if all you do is put your RPD on a shelf and never fire it your weapon’s reliability will be 100% no matter where you bought it. All this speaks to, however, is how the build looks and NOT how it runs in the long term.

Feedback Score

There is a new update on his update page.

Feedback Score

meh, Stan has had my MG34 kit since June of 2011. I am in no hurry, but I do hope to have it soon. I dont see a need to bug him about it. he always stops to talk to me.

I have a Bren and a shorty RPD he built, neither of which I have a place to shoot to test fire. My rpd is *impossible* to cock sometimes, like it binds up. Stan is aware of this and he said it needs to break in. I am fine with all that, its my fault i dont have the time or place to test the firearms. i am trying to buy my own spread of land, whic will solve the "place to shoot" problem.

I am happy so far, and if my RPD needs work, ill send it in when he has time. I do have a POS Wiselite m53 i would love him to tune up as well.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by guns r us View Post
    Maybe Stan should hire extra help but perhaps he cannot find anyone qualified enough to trust with the work?
    Can't find someone qualified enough to answer a phone or send an email...?

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    Is it just me, or have times changed since "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery" was the NORM? And that was AFTER eating all that fricking cereal to get the box tops! Remember how painful it was to eat all that fricking ceral just to get the box top, then wait 6-8 weeks... so what gives now? SHEESH... 6-8 weeks during the HOLIDAYS for crying out loud.
    Your rant is kind of all over the place, but I'll address the points I think you are trying to make. In the machining/manufacturing industry (the industry Stan is part of) lead times in the last 3 years have been greatly reduced. With lean manufacturing, no one wants to stock anything. Instead of planning ahead and needing parts in 3 months, they now want them in two weeks so they can get a completed product to a customer.

6-8 weeks during the holidays....lol. I sent this kit in the beginning of August. Maybe Stan goes on a couple week Labor day bender...who knows... He is the one who gave me the lead time. After building 200 of these, there should be no question about how long it is going to take. Besides, I wasn't mad when it wasn't done in 6-8 weeks. When we got to the point where he was telling me 20+ (after Christmas), I had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
    Let's see, $400.00 for the kit, $1250.00 for the build, wait 7 months for the build to be complete. I beleive that I have voted with my wallet so to speak. Unless you want to send me a case of ammo to burn thru for you satisfaction, I suggest you put your money where your mouth is & buy the one you most beleive in!
    Hell, I had 2000 rounds before I even sent the kit to Stan. I did vote with my wallet. After 18 weeks I decided that Stan didn't deserve my money.

Quote Originally Posted by THECARREAPER View Post
    I dont see a need to bug him about it. he always stops to talk to me.

I have a Bren and a shorty RPD he built, neither of which I have a place to shoot to test fire. My rpd is *impossible* to cock sometimes, like it binds up. Stan is aware of this and he said it needs to break in. I am fine with all that, its my fault i dont have the time or place to test the firearms. i am trying to buy my own spread of land, whic will solve the "place to shoot" problem.
    Sounds like you're local. That obviously makes a big difference. As I said before, he is probably more polite to people who can stop by and say hello.

As for the "impossible to cock sometimes": that isn't a "break in" issue. Being stiff or not moving smoothly may be, but being impossible to cock isn't about break in. I doubt that happened when the military in Poland issued these.

Feedback Score

Figured I’d post an update with the latest:

My repaired RPD (from an earlier run) was delivered yesterday. Stan replaced all of the semi parts and it works fine now. Fired 100 rounds through it today and had only one stoppage due to a overly tight link. Otherwise it fed both FMJ and HP fine. No doubling or tripling and the striker fell every time the trigger was pulled. Have another 100 rounds linked up to try the next chance I get and I hope she behaves from now on. I expect that she will.

One notable change – when charging this thing before it had a pronounced step or hard spot when the belt advanced. This has now become much less of an issue and feeds a lot smoother. Not sure what was going on there but the change is welcome.

Thanks Stan! Great job! Looks like we’re good to go now.

Still waiting on my shorty build but am in no hurry. It can get here when it feels like it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.