Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Any news on the RPD builds?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

I have a standard length build from the initial run Stan did. I use it about 6-8 times a year at a steel plate shoot. Runs great. No issues. I also have a shorty with 16 inch barrel. Same story. I have a kit in for the late Jan run to be built as a super shorty. Sorry to hear your experience wasn't palatable. Patience.
    A bit of research on the web would have probably saved you a lot of headache. Everyone says his turnaround time is long. Mine was long as well, but I knew that going in.
    If there is any doubt, then there is no doubt.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I would like to add a few words.

I've known Stan for many years, most of them prior to him setting up a gunsmithing business.

I have been in his shop, and taken some of his valuable time while he was gracious enough to show me around. He has also over the years put a great deal of time and effort into this site and into furthering the knowledge of the home gunsmith.

I know nothing of any specific agreement made with him. I do know that he is an honorable man and does conscientious work.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

+1 to what Winn R said.
    Also Spork, I've seen your same post on a lot of other boards with your very low post count. Venting is cool, but don't turn it into your job, joining forums just to post your email list with Stan.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Spork..

Stan has done a number of builds for me.. Plus I have no dog in this fight.
    But one thing you can be rest assured.
    Spending quite a bit of time in his shop and going out too lunch.
    Believe me. He did not go on any Labor Day bender.
    He does not drink the devils brew. Wont touch the stuff.
    I do he don't.
    He works 13 hour days, sometimes 7 days a week.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Picked up my Project Arms RPD from me dealer yesterday and couldn't wait to shoot it.

It was a little chilly at 15 degrees today but that didn't stop me and a buddy. I lubed her really good with Rem Oil and then loaded her with a fifty round belt loaded with the first ten rounds of Chinese then forty rounds of Yugo. I had one light primer strike out of that belt. Second fifty round belt ran great. On the very last round of the third fifty round belt the round didn't fire. I hadn't cleared the rifle before putting in the fourth belt, but on charging the round popped out. OK. Then the rifle shut down on my friend and I. Apparently a trigger spring had decided to jump ship and somehow got up in the receiver cover. Now I have to find another spring.

I'm guessing this is where the traitor spring is supposed to hang out at.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The rifle looks nice
    Sorry to hear about the spring, and yes that's where it goes
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Give Stan a call @ Project Guns & he should be able to send you another spring out rather than return the RPD to him! My self & 2 buddies got our RPD's from Stan last month & so far, 0 problems except for feeding the beasts......they are quite hungry little monsters!

Whats that white stuff all over the ground? It's 80 degrees here during the day & 50 @ night!

Update: Just looking @ all of this makes me want to send Stan another kit to build!
    Last edited by FloridaAKM; 01-29-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: More info!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score

RPD showed up last week and I was able to put 300 rounds through it Sat. AM. The only issue was that I had four light strikes out of the first five rounds. On the 6th round it came alive and ran great on the first 100 round belt. I then put the four miss fired rounds in the second belt and it ate it without any issues and same with the third belt. I called Stan with questions and he was more than helpfull both times. When I have time I plan on getting it back out and run 500 plus rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

That's beautiful. Stan does great work. I may have to break down and get one of those kits dangit.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by docwade View Post
    Sorry to hear your experience wasn't palatable. Patience.
    A bit of research on the web would have probably saved you a lot of headache. Everyone says his turnaround time is long. Mine was long as well, but I knew that going in.
    I did my research. Most of the comments out there on the surface are mostly people praising him. In fact, I didn't find one complaint about his lead time until I specifically searched for it and brought it up.

Stan is the one who told me 6-8 weeks, I didn't just expect that, or even ask for 6-8 weeks. I asked what the lead time was going to be and that's what he told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R View Post
    I would like to add a few words.

I've known Stan for many years, most of them prior to him setting up a gunsmithing business.

I have been in his shop, and taken some of his valuable time while he was gracious enough to show me around. He has also over the years put a great deal of time and effort into this site and into furthering the knowledge of the home gunsmith.

I know nothing of any specific agreement made with him. I do know that he is an honorable man and does conscientious work.
    And I'm sure if I were a good friend who had known him for a long time this would have transpired differently.

Quote Originally Posted by docwade View Post
    +1 to what Winn R said.
    Also Spork, I've seen your same post on a lot of other boards with your very low post count. Venting is cool, but don't turn it into your job, joining forums just to post your email list with Stan.
    I want the next guy who tries to do research before sending a gun to Stan to have all the info. I've posted it on 4 forums. That gives people a good chance of stumbling over the info while doing research.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Stan has done a number of builds for me.. Plus I have no dog in this fight.
    But one thing you can be rest assured.
    Spending quite a bit of time in his shop and going out too lunch.
    Believe me. He did not go on any Labor Day bender.
    He does not drink the devils brew. Wont touch the stuff.
    I do he don't.
    He works 13 hour days, sometimes 7 days a week.
    The labor day bender was a joke. I know he was working hard to get these done as he over committed himself. That doesn't change the fact that he could have given me an honest lead time from the beginning but chose not to. And again, if I could stop by the shop and grab some lunch with him our interactions probably would have been much different.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.