Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Mini-14, a great gun, but...

Feedback Score

According to the IMFDB:

"The Mini-14 never jams or stovepipes using movie blanks, something that cannot be said of any of the other common 5.56x45mm weapons used in films. "
    Ruger Mini-14 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kalliste View Post
    According to the IMFDB:

"The Mini-14 never jams or stovepipes using movie blanks, something that cannot be said of any of the other common 5.56x45mm weapons used in films. "
    Ruger Mini-14 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

i seriously doubt that. hollyweird is well known for their ignorance in firearms.

--hell how many stars have been killed by blanks? at least two, one stuck a revolver to his head and fired and the other was killed when a revolver firing blanks had a bullet lodged in the barrel. this revolver had been used in several films --fired many many times with blanks --yet somehow after all these films no one ever checked the barrel for obstructions???

besides most of the times the weapons firing is FX added after the shoot.

while i had minis i had quite a few fuck-ups with them and i was not firing blanks either. i don't know of any arm that fires blanks better than live rounds.

blanks are even more prone to jamming from what i have seen with the m16s,m4s m60s, 249s and so on.

my guess is running a mini with blanks would be some what interesting.

most weapons fire being FX added to the film-- you really don't know what your seeing on tv and the movies.

i certainly wouldn't give any credence to hollywood for how good anything firearms related is.

in fact hollywood is the best place to look for wrong information.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    i seriously doubt that. hollyweird is well known for their ignorance in firearms.

--hell how many stars have been killed by blanks? at least two, one stuck a revolver to his head and fired and the other was killed when a revolver firing blanks had a bullet lodged in the barrel. this revolver had been used in several films --fired many many times with blanks --yet somehow after all these films no one ever checked the barrel for obstructions???

The movie was the Crow and killed Brandon Lee. What happened was the guy in charge of the gun props needed some dummy rounds so a scene where everybody loads up can be filmed. He had none, so he pulled the bullets from live rounds, dumped the powder, then reassembled them leaving a live primer in place. They were used in that scene and at some point the trigger got pulled, a primer sending the bullet partially down the bbl. Later the same gun was used in another scene, loaded with blanks. Of course the blank blew the bullet out of the bbl just as if a live round had been loaded. Oops. Prop guy was totally at fault there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.