Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ruger-customer "NO" service!

Feedback Score

I tend to agree with you, but there traveling salesmen ( experts ) are a big disappointment when I wanted to get another firing pin for my S/S factory folder I brought it in for them to look at. The first thing the guy did was take down the Serial Number, made a phone call and then said I'de have to send it to the factory, pay S/H both ways and a service fee. You would think a factory rep would have plenty of parts to hit the road with. My mini is now computerized (Serial numbed) in Mass. as being the new owner, much to my chagrin.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

I don't know why Ruger makes such an issue about selling spare parts. The policy started when Bill was above the ground, but, it continues until this day! I do not want to ship my gun back to the Ruger factory at this time. If some kind of awful anti gun bill got passed, I might not ever get it back. So, I plan to keep it close for now. There is no reason that makes sense to me, that Ruger could not sell replacement firing pins to gun smiths. That was Bill's policy, and, Ruger is sticking to it!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Ruger is a corporation, not a person. The people that make the decisions change which is why now that Bill is fertilizer the company he named after himself is selling ARs and large magazines. Blaming the Ruger of today for Bill's policies is like agreeing that Obama's policies are Bush's fault!
    you don't think a corporate entity that answers to the bottom line on wall street WON'T sell out the constitution, the united states or its own workforce?

did you miss the entire 80s or 90s? or even the 2000s?

the RUGER of today is the same ruger old ruger. may have a new top dog. but all they give a damn about is how fast they can make that mighty $.

the stock holders OWN ruger. and they want a profit and they don't give a damn how they make it.

the question is not IF the new ruger is going to sell out today --it is WHEN.

ruger is blowing smoke up everybodys ass. they will be the first to jump ship they all ways are.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    I don't know why Ruger makes such an issue about selling spare parts. The policy started when Bill was above the ground, but, it continues until this day! I do not want to ship my gun back to the Ruger factory at this time. If some kind of awful anti gun bill got passed, I might not ever get it back. So, I plan to keep it close for now. There is no reason that makes sense to me, that Ruger could not sell replacement firing pins to gun smiths. That was Bill's policy, and, Ruger is sticking to it!
    I sent a Glock in for repair.. They told me 2 month minimum for a return..
    I told them I was L.O. and it was my back up gun..
    7 days later UPS was here with the gun..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell yea-- i had to get some ruger sp-100 parts once, had to go through my pal the HK dealer to get them (same one who had the g20 go boom) -- took so dam long i thought about making the parts myself.

took forever.

one of the good things about rugers 1911 is you can put colt and other 1911 parts in there IF you have to.

i think even rugers ar-15 has some of rugers "special Mc-sauce"--though most standard ar parts do fit--just not all--LOL

i rally want to like ruger--hell i did once --long ago.

what is happened to ruger is spreading across the industry , you got that cerberus take over --buying up all the little family owned firms. and gobbeling up some of the big ones.

once wall-street has ownership they can and will sell the company to anybody for a profit.

if there is a short term profit in gun control? --then what???

one of the things about the AR-15 i like is all the small makers/vendors -

-there is a concerted effort to squeeze them out of the market.

who knows what the goal is there--

one thing i have noticed that is getting stronger by the day is small firms of all kinds either have to get big real quick or their pushed out --the days of the mom-and pop machine shop making arms may be coming to a close.

you see it is easy for the government to "deal" with the big guy. wall-street owned firms are easy for the government to pocket--

Feedback Score

If I could do things over again, I would not have nearly so many items by Ruger. But, I have had some Rugers for more than 50 years. Most of the guns I have cannot be traced to me. Anything I buy today will probably leave a paper trail right to my door. So, I am pretty well locked into keeping what I have. I could do worse. But, I probably could have done better to. Oh, well, as the old saying goes: "Too soon old and too late smaert!" That's me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.