have a Mini-14 that will serve as my main go-to gun from now on. It has the Ruger factory synthetic stock at this time. Dressed that way, it is not included on Diane Swinestein’s anti-gun hit list. That is a plus, I guess, although I am sure that if she can make her current list stick, it won’t be long before she comes slithering back for the guns that she now exempts from that list.
ATIgunstocks.com makes a neat looking after market stock kit for the Mini. It comes with a 6 position collapsible, side folding buttstock. It can be fired from the folded position. It has 4 picatinny rails for mounting accessories. It has covers for the rails when they’re not in use. Both forestock and handguard are ventilated. It comes with 6 sling swivel studs. This stock is made from DuPont Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer. And, best of all; it is manufactured in the USA! One downer, I have heard, is that installing this stock will add around 1.5 pounds to the gun. Also, putting this stock on my now “legal” gun, will place it on Swinestein’s hate list.
ATI also makes accessories for their replacement stocks. For the Mini, they offer a bipod that can be adjusted from 9 to 13 inches. Best of all, it only weighs 6 ounces! They also have a few other items that would be of interest to anybody who installs this stock on their firearm.
I really like the looks of this stock. My local gun store was carrying them all last summer and I planned to get one someday. I figured that they would always be available. But, since the mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, my dealer is having a hard time keeping them on the shelf. I guess that I will have to special order one. j&gsales.com also has them. Prior to that tragedy, they were selling for around $100. I don’t know if the price is higher now or not. Some dealers are taking advantage of that atrocity to make more money.
There are a few videos on YouTube showing how easy it is to mount this stock. It also (to me) makes the gun look a whole lot better. I’m thinking seriously of installing it and telling Swinestein where to stick her anti-gun bill!