Thread: Accu-Strut, good or bad?

Feedback Score

Default Accu-Strut, good or bad?

I own an older model Mini-14. I believe that it was manufactured during the mid 90s. It has the "pencil barrel." There is currently a video on You-Tube that shows a man firing such a Mini. It is shown in s-l-o-w motion. You can actually see the end of the barrel whip around. It sort of resembles a fishing rod tip-the way it wobbles. It is plain to see that it could create a problem getting good accuracy for such a firearm. Is there a cure?
    Well, the company Accu-Strut claims to be able to improve the older guns' abilities to shoot more accurately. I have seen several posts on You-Tube about them. I also visited the company's web-site. I think I would be willing to get one if it did indeed improve my gun. The company claims that an accustrut can improve accuracy by 50-75%. I would like that.
    Does anybody here have experience with this item before I spend my hard earned (well, I worked for 58 years!) money on one?

Accu-strut for Mini-14

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Mo-rod is another mfg of mini-14 struts.
    I have not tried one on mine because it it a GB model and the bayo lug precludes it. Actually mo-rod makes one for the GB, but it is so short (less than 3") because of the lug, that I don't think it's long enough to actually help out much.

But to answer your question, the guys on the mini-14 forum swear by them.

Feedback Score

Thank you. I like the looks of the newer ventilated one. I may get one for my older model. It seems to shoot adequately for my needs, but, I need all the help that I can get.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.