Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I finally shot my 10/22!

Feedback Score

Default I finally shot my 10/22!

A while back I purchased a new 10/22. I have discussed it here already. But, I never had the opportunity to shoot it before today. So, my wife and I headed out to the boonies to visit her brother. I took the 10/22 and 4 boxes (200 rounds) of some old Remington Thunderbolt ammo that I bought around 40 years ago. I have newer ammo, but, I am a firm believer in FIFO (first in, first out). I also took along the stock 10 round magazine as well as a 25 round mag which is made by Shooter's Ridge.
    I am happy to report that I never had a single misfire! I think that is good for such old ammo. The 25 round mag worked flawlessly. And, the gun was very accurate, actually, probably more accurate than I am! But, all in all, I really enjoyed shooting the little jewel. I'm glad that I have it.
    One thing that I want to mention about the Shooter's Ridge magazine is, that the follower spring is what is called a "constant tension" spring. It has the same tension from top to bottom. It is similar to a tape rule. It takes the same force to push in the first shell as it does the last one.
    I really had a good time. But, my nephew told me that I could probably sell that .22LR ammo for $5 to $10 a box! But, I do not want to sell any. If the price ever gets close to reasonable and I find some of it for sale, I might add some more to what I have.
    It was a great day today.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've kinda progressed up the 10/22 ladder a bit after having a dozen in the past. I've got just the race rifle one(1 of 1000) and the pistol version,,, both serious tack drivers ,, Love -um!

Feedback Score

Since I already had a couple of other 22s, I never bought a 10/22. I thought about doing it for years. So, in 2012 I finally obtained one. Yesterday was my first opportunity to shoot it. But, it won't be the last.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The Glenfield/Marlin model 60 was my first 22SA rifle I bought back around 1970.I have bought and sold three 10/22 rifles since then.I now have two Browning ATD 22sa rifles,and a
    Marlin 22sa rifle w/9rd magazine.Looking foward to adding a Ruger 22/45 lite pistol with a can for shooting rats an stuff.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Dario, Why did you shoot that poor rifle? What did it ever do to you???

Now fix it, and say your sorry!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

I am thinking of getting it a new outfit! I want to make it look as pretty as possible. I think that will make it very happy. I'll let you know.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I put a bull bbl on mine and sold the original bbl. I'm starting to think that I should have stayed with the original bbl, as it shot better than I can. Now the bull bbl may be more acurrate, but as this was my squirrel rifle, it is now just to heavy to lug around the woods all day. The new lightweight bull bbl's they sell now seem to be the way to go if you want the big od. Anybody know where to get bbl fluting done cheap?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dario541 View Post
    I am thinking of getting it a new outfit! I want to make it look as pretty as possible. I think that will make it very happy. I'll let you know.
    That's what I just did to my 2 10/22's.

Here are the links:

Barrel, 24" Bull, Blued (1 in 16 Twist) Gun Parts | 332100 | Numrich Gun Parts

Boyds: TACTICOOL RUGER 10/22 .920 BARREL CHANNEL LAMINATE STOCK W/BLACK TEXTURED FINISH TactiCool

NDS-23 front sight and NDS-26 Rear Sight
    http://www.nodakspud.com/NDS-22.htm

Now I got Appleseed Rifles for trainin' youngins'....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default dario..

I am getting old tired and blind.. But I love my .22s.. Sounds like you had a good time..
    I can not hit a damn thing anymore.. But it seems of the few weapons I own. My .22s seem really fussy what brand ammo I use.. Once you find the right brand, try to stick with it.. Hell I do not know, maybe just me..
    That .22 ammo you shot.. Dear God, if you took it too a fun show, it is worth more than gold..
    Hombres would be begging you for it and tossing dinero your way..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

I was thinking that-at the current cost of ammo-it's getting too expensive to shoot! But, I actually only paid 50 cents per fifty round box back during the 70s. And, every round fired! No misfires! If I sold any of it, I would probably never be able to replace it. So, it's not for sale.
    It's a well known fact that every single gun has some ammo that it shoots accurately and some with which you couldn't hit a fat man across a poker table. You have to try every available brand until you find the fodder that your gun likes. That is only done by trial and error. My 10/22 did like the 40 year old Remington Thunderbolt that I was using.
    Thanks for your comments. I always appreciate them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.