Thread: LE ONLY Mini-14?

Feedback Score

Default LE ONLY Mini-14?

Here is something interesting. Many Ruger Mini-14s were used by various strata of the government. And, they are so marked. There is a possibility that you will fins one with these markings. Some people wonder if it is legal to buy these. The answer is YES. If the government has no further use for certain equipment, they will often sell it to the public. So, if you find one and like it, don't worry about the markings.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

That's what mine is, but the markings are shallower then that.
    Got it at a show and the guy had 20+ of them on the table and was selling them for around $400 (maybe just over) and he said they were used in a prison.
    Most of the ones I looked at had very little wear from use, most of the wear looked like it was from being carried around and/or being put in and taken out of the storage area.
    Another nice thing, it came with the factory flash hider, bayo lug and a twenty round mag.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I would imagine that only the GB models would be marked post ban like that. Both the FH and bayo lug became illegal for the unwashed masses on that date. Still is in the states where the ban did not sunset.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Good points Chief, but if anyone living in a no-ban state comes across any of these you should check them out, I bet they mostly have cosmetic wear and were barely used, and most of the time they sell for a good price.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

More Clinton era ,,,"ban stuff"

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.