Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gas port bushing?

Feedback Score

Default Gas port bushing?

A friend was given a older Mini-14 that was wouldn't cycle. After a tear down he finds the gas port bushing is gone. Seems difficult to find one so far. Midway and Numrich are out and Brownells doesn't carry it. Other than precise dimension for length and center hole is the metal anything special. I.E. hardened or treated? Anybody know of another source? Thank you!!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

WOW over a year and a half and you got your first post sorry had to say it.

I can't remember how they are set up, it's been a while since I took mine apart. But scroll down about 3/4 or a little more and this site shows them.
    Mini 14 Accessories Ruger Rifle 30 Muzzle Brake Gas Block Compensator Steel Bedding System

This place seems to specialize in them, maybe send them an email
    Accurizing the Mini14 - Great West Gunsmithing

And don't forgot to look through some of the threads in this section, I know there were a few places that sell parts posted
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    WOW over a year and a half and you got your first post sorry had to say it.

Yup I gotta admit I am a little slow aren't I.
    I will re-search but nothing had come before. Maybe change my phrasing. Thank you for the links I will check into it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Whether you decide to make it or buy it, go undersize. The mini ia way overgassed with the factory bushing. The factory bushing is around .80, I'm using a .50 in mine. It still spits out everything but now keeps the brass in the same zip code.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ruger has always sold me parts over the phone when I have needed them. If you need a factory part that isn't asterisked as a factory fitted only, just call them up.

Ruger Parts Ordering

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Ruger has always sold me parts over the phone when I have needed them. If you need a factory part that isn't asterisked as a factory fitted only, just call them up.

Ruger Parts Ordering
    Thank you. I will check tomorrow. Since I didn't see it on the site I figured they didn't seel those internal parts to the public.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ruger gives away the manuals to all their products, ask for one and they send it. They also have them online for most of them. In the back will be an exploded view and parts listing. The ones with an asterisk beside them they require you to send them the gun to make sure the part is fitted and installed properly. Every other part listed, assuming they still make them, they will sell to anybody with cash. The only thing they were ever bad about was refusing to sell "Machine Gun Parts" for their AC556 line of select fire Mini 14s. Always wanted one of their gasblock tops with the front sight cast in like they use on their shorty model. They would not sell, maybe that's why they go on the auction sights for a few hundred each!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I'm telling you, you're better off getting an aftermarket undersize bushing or make one yourself. There is no reason to use a bushing that beats the gun to death. The earlier minis are way overgassed.

Mini-14 project

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    make one yourself. There is no reason to use a bushing that beats the gun to death. The earlier minis are way overgassed.

Mini-14 project
    I like the one you built. Is the steel used for the bushing anything special as far as hardened or anything? Thank you!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Tool steel. I bought a piece of drill rod from mcmaster-carr. It was cheap @$5 IIRC. You might be able to get away with something like 8620, but for the price of the drill rod I wasn't going to fool around with anything else. I know I've still got some leftover, if I can find it, I'll send you a piece.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

mini 14 reduced gas bushing

ruger gas port bushing for 182

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.