Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Build in7.62x25

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

turned a new gas tube today with 2" nearest the gas block at piston diam , ports uncovered and same results as covering the gas ports with original tube, will try covering gas ports with new tube in the morning. Havent tryed the hot yugo ammo yet but would rather get it working with the chinese ammo as I have a lot of it. May start cliping a return spring tommorow , If all else fails I think I will machine a new gas block with a captive piston , large head diameter in a cyl to strike carrier and get things in motion.

Tryed some of my favorite heavy loads, 162 gr match king over 7 grs of blue dot , 1280 fps , opens action but not guite enough to impact ejector

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Can you get those to fit in a pps mag? The one on the left looks a bit long for it. I plan to have capitive gas piston....just have to make a spring strong enough for repeated use and light as to not offer very much resistance to the gas. I also looked into a 22 AK recoil spring, but I am unsure if there would be enough force to strip and feed the ammo .

Mak
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tagged

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

the one on the left will require a diff magazine for sure, it fits in 15 rd 30 carbine mags nicely. Thats what makes the ak action so appealing plenty of action travel and a large magwell . The 762x25 is a much better choice for tossing heavy 30 cal bullets than the 300 whisper from an efficiency stand point, will toss the heaviest 30 bullets right at the speed of sound

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

cut about 4" out of the return spring, still not functioning perfect, with the new gas tube and all the vent holes covered up there is enough energy to get the bolt carrier back about 1.5" . its far enought that if a mag were present it could pick up a new round and with ejector further forward it would eject. Just to see I fired a few rounds with no recoil spring present and it recoils the full distance and ejects but not with alot of vigor , empty falls about three feet to the right, wish I had a lighter hammer spring to try, might reduce the reduce the energy needed to open

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

just chronographed a 10 shot string with chinese copper wash 7.62x25 1854 fps average. Fired all 10 with recoil spring out , with top cover off and using the finger crunch method the bolt just makes it to the rear of rec. Def gonna take a diff gas piston system. The captive piston might help reduce the wieght of recoiling mass enough to improve operation. Going to work up another bolt and carrier assembly for straight blowback so I can work on the magazine

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

here is a dumb question. Would lighten the bolt carrier help?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

that would def help

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I am am taking a few notes on the yugo made master K smg. It beeing a locking 9mm. It carved up the bolt carrier alot to reduce weight and worked either by tapping the gas directly to the bolt carrier or a captive piston hidden in the tube. It also had a shortend reciever. I am going to reduce the carrier weight as much as safely possible and move up the ejector.
    Panaceabeachbum- is there any place to buy the larger rounds? If they can work in the barrel I got from you then I may make an adapter to go from standard sizes and the long tip using 30 carbine mags.
    Also if you have a hammer spring you can experiment on , you can lighten it up by changing the temper..try baking in the oven at 400 for and hour, then try you can go up 50 degrees each time until you get something that works for you. I can make lighter or heavier hammer springs if it really becames necessary.
    What is the "finger crunch" method?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I dont think there is a commercial source for the heavy 7.62x25 loads but starline has reloadable brass and the other components are std off the shelf stuff. If you handload should be no problem, they will work in the bbl I machined for you.
    I will try winding a diff hammer spring today and see if that helps.
    The finger crunch method is me firmly grasping the rec in a position where the bolt handle will slam into my hand when I fire the gun, its a positive method of knowing if the bolt is recoiling, and how far, but occasionaly results in a "crunched" finger

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.