Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yugo slings canvas SKS vs. M70/M72/M76

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

nice lined pouch there!
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Feedback Score
    14 (89%)

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by rbthntr64
    Authenticity is in the eye of the beholder. Desertsniper1 sent me some very interesting pics. Some Serb, and Macedonian troops with Zastava rifles of all types. Some have leather and some have the nylon slings. I think it just depends what the armorer had on that given day when he issued the weapon. I posted most in my gallery. Here is the pic of the M70 mag pouch. I sure would like to have a couple of these.
    Thats is a post communist serbian pouch. The real yugoslavian JNA pouch is the same exept it has inner nylon black and bottle was made out of brass. What am talking about is pre-1991 stuff. I don't even care getting new serbian stuff. But yes that pouch is about the same as JNA.

Feedback Score

[QUOTE=GunterPrien]

Thats is a post communist serbian pouch. The real yugoslavian JNA pouch is the same exept it has inner nylon black and bottle was made out of brass. What am talking about is pre-1991 stuff. I don't even care getting new serbian stuff. But yes that pouch is about the same as JNA.
    Like this? Notice the nice Bosnian mag peaking out too!

I also have a Yugo pouch (post 91) that is in their current camo pattern, and another that is just green canvas with brown leather piping (no lining).

Feedback Score

how is the sling installed so it can be used as a easy sling in the underfolder position or as a quick sling for shooting offhand? dobra-ahno

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by GunterPrien View Post
    Heavier duty M70 sling is also used on M72, M76 and M84. I just got a package of 100 of these from Serbia. Am thinking of selling some for $25 each but am not shure yet.
    I suppose it's never too late to resurrect a thread, but if you still have any of the M70/M72 slings you mentioned and are willing to sell one, please PM me.

Feedback Score

There are 3 or 4 variations in Yugoslavian cloth slings. I have owned dozens of them from the SKS, M70, M76 etc. Different era and vendors for variations but they were interchangeable. Buckles facing both directions etc.., slight weave and color variations etc. as well.
    Pouches also with several variations in the buckles and hardware etc.

Feedback Score

This would be for a M72. I can't begin to quantify the amount of searching I've done for an accurate Yugo sling for this rifle. I know there are quite a few variations out there, and some people even use the sling for an SKS, but the purists out there are quick to point out the differences between the widths and buckles. The problem is finding one.

Feedback Score

As noted I have a lot of Yugo slings and the variations. Some direct from the M76 crates, virgin kits etc.,. They varied and interchanged with no regard to model AFAIK. Simply manufacture differences by factory etc. The Serbian maniual;s for 59/66, M70, M72, M76 that I own make no distinction between sling models etc.
    Only the M92 differs as does the early M59 and a few 59/66 leather sling type.

If you have other distinct milspec manuals, pictures or documentation please post/share them.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

This is the only info I can add, but even this site shows the SKS, AK & RPK look the same. OH the AK/RPK pic sucks, it's rolled up
    Yugoslavian Slings
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

A pictorial of Yugo sling variations by jonpo at AKFORUM. AFAIK., from all indications, the slings are universal and interchangeable. The variations are simply manufacturing differences seen in many milspec articles.

The AK Forum L.L.C. - View topic - Yugo sling variations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.