Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yugo slings canvas SKS vs. M70/M72/M76

Feedback Score
    14 (89%)

Default Yugo slings canvas SKS vs. M70/M72/M76

Many of you think the canvas type slings that are for SKS are the same as AK. But it is not. SKS sling is slightly thinner than AK sling and , also front clip is reversed, see picture:

Heavier duty M70 sling is also used on M72, M76 and M84. I just got a package of 100 of these from Serbia. Am thinking of selling some for $25 each but am not shure yet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hmm... didn't know that! I just mounted the sks type canvas sling with the clip to the outside... there were wear marks on the barrel that lined up perfectly where the sling rubbed up against it. Maybe the previous owner was using an 59/66 sling.
    ...I'm not tense! Just terribly, terribly alert.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I wouldn't mind having the correct sling, although $25 seems a bit spendy (I'm cheap).
    NRA (life) | GOA (life) | OFF | OSSA

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I go for the 3.99 gunshow specials myself. I got a stack from IOR at the GS for 4bucks a piece. EG blue.
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A well used sling came in the bag with one of my M70s. It is exactly like my SKS slings and the one GP pictured as SKS. I suppose that if you are in battle, you dont care if it is a SKS or AK sling as long as it fits.
    No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. ~Dave Barry, Dave Barry Turns 50

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

...and what the heck difference does it make flipping the front clip?? Maybe it's just a difference in who made it... one maker sewed the loop over one way, one another way.

Does anybody know if they put the banjo type oilers with the leather case on the AK slings like they did with the 59/66?

Feedback Score
    14 (89%)

and what the heck difference does it make flipping the front clip?? Maybe it's just a difference in who made it... one maker sewed the loop over one way, one another way.
    None. If you don't care than don't worry about it. If you are anal about having something %100 authentic and original then you pay more if it is rare to find.

Does anybody know if they put the banjo type oilers with the leather case on the AK slings like they did with the sks
    No they did not. AK came with RAP(ratni alat i pribor) pouch with room for oiler, 4 mags and cleaning brush set. Early oilers where the same as SKS ones and later oilers are made out of black plastic. But why do you ever care, just use the romanian pouch with your yugo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If I didn't care, I would've put a Jethro Bodeen piece of rope through the swivels and used that for a sling when heading on down to the C-MENT pond... I was just curious what difference it made and/or why they'd do it in the first place. Sounds like OzzyTheNuke got an SKS sling with his kit, so I guess that means it was used on the AK somewhere in Yugoslavia, so I guess 'technically'.. the yugoslavians (serbs, croats.. whichever) used them, and are sort of in a roundabout way... correct to use. (it's all your perspective) As for the oilers and the pouches.. good info to know, if I ever get an opportunity to pick up a Yugo pouch I'll have a place to put my oiler. Until then I'll keep the oiler in the leather pouch and stow the extra loaded mag in my back pocket like I usually do when I go for a plinking session.

Feedback Score

We want and care about 100% yugo stuff that was issued with rifle when new, not what someone scavenged up during desperate times when people were trying to kill our Serbian brothers. Please find us the correct stuff.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Authenticity is in the eye of the beholder. Desertsniper1 sent me some very interesting pics. Some Serb, and Macedonian troops with Zastava rifles of all types. Some have leather and some have the nylon slings. I think it just depends what the armorer had on that given day when he issued the weapon. I posted most in my gallery. Here is the pic of the M70 mag pouch. I sure would like to have a couple of these.
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.