Gunco Forums banner

Yugoslav training manual for M76 sniper!

14K views 77 replies 28 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 · (Edited)
Yugoslav training manual for M76 ***FREE*** for my commie friends

See less See more
#3 ·
Information is always an asset. What a great contribution to the community! While I do not own an M76, I'd also be interested, simply from a historical perspective.

#7 ·
I got it on ebay, I payed $200 can you believe it? But it is worth it, because book shows the teaching of yugo sniper in peoples army of yugoslavia. This book also may be useful for dragunov and PSL owners because it similar commie stuff.
Book is 160 pages long it would take me long time to translate it.

#8 ·
I would gladly pay you $25 for a nicely done translated PDF. I think a translated version would easily get you back your $200 and alot more.

#9 ·
yes because if I spend so much time translating it I would like some reward. By the way the first page says: Secretary of national defense, department of infantry, general Josif Kostovski, military secret.

This book was prohibited to be disclosed outside military, it was military secret. But not that yugoslavia does not exist anymore, I don't think that it will be a problem, distributing it, ha ha ha

here see it in better resolution: http://www.photodump.org/stored24/gasregulatorm76.jpg

There is something that even M90 and M95 users can find usefull. Explanation of gas regulator adjustments.

Translation:

Gas regulator has three holes different diameter and three windows marked with >1<, >2< and >3< to correspond to hole diameter. Setting the regulator in certain position regulates flow of gases. Position >2< is used when shooting in normal outside temperature. Position >1< is used when air temperature is high. If during shooting bolt extracts the casing too rapidly and the case gets damaged during extraction then settings needs to be returned to >1<. Position >3< is used when the gas port gets dirty or after shooting 300 rounds.

#20 ·
That little taste has me wanting more!!! I wish i knew the lingo, I'd volunteer for free to help. I'm sure admin at this sight would help if you asked.

#23 ·
Here are the news, So far I've been working hard to translate the M76 yugo manual but in mean while I bought yugo manual for M70, M72, M66, M48. It all together cost me more than $300 in manuals, so there is about 500 pages to translate so I gave up there. But I managed to get proffessional PDF software in serbian language that uses the scanner to scan serbo-croatian documents and recognise text, this way reader can copy-paste serbian text from the yugo manual and put it in google translate and it will give you raw translation, good enough to know whats going on. I also got SVD manual in russian and full translation as well as many other russian manuals without translation, and few english sniper books.
I will put all that on password protected CD and will ask $20 shipped. I invested so much time and money am just trying to get some back.

PM me if interested.

#35 ·
Thought I was buying a CD with the manuals listed, above. The Yugo M76 manual is GREAT, but please be clear that this is the only manual (in Yugoslavian) that is being sold. I know you've posted that you have the M76 manual for sale for $25 but considering what has been posted, the thread is not clear on what is being sold. Cheers!

#28 ·
Gunter has put in a lot of time putting this together.
He has done an excellent job documenting all the pages.

Translating needs to be done, or you can learn Serbian if you are
up to it.

Thanks Gunter for a great CD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.