Gunco Forums banner

Where can I get good AK parts kits?

2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
Where can I find decent AK parts kits besides gunbroker.com, who want. 1K for crappy Yugo Parts kits? And by good parts kits I don't nessesarly mean price wise but overal good quality kits? :avid:

#13 ·
Hi all, Im new to this site, and am having a similar problem as the topic posted in this thread. I cannot seem to find a decent priced ak kit to save my life. After spending an hour on gunbroker, I see that prices are a bit to high for my budget, and at the same time I know they will do nothing but go up. I wish I had this itch to build my first AK a couple years ago when you could pick up a nice kit for 99

#14 ·
You're better off cruising the forums for fair deals. I was able to pick up a polish kit for $300 this week, a Romy for $225 in the past month, and I saw a kit move a week ago for $185. Gunbroker is mostly for suckers, with the occasional deal.

Mark

#15 ·
I have tried emailing several of those companies without success, Must have to call them.
I am dying to build an ak and I agree, gunbroker people think theirs is made of gold
HMM first of all they are a auction site and many sellers start at a low price. so the owners are not to blame the buyers are. also consider that if more than 2 people are bidding that mush that is likely what its worth on that perticular day.

Gunbroker is mostly for suckers, with the occasional deal.
I have made a pretty decnt profit from time to time by paying those prices and waiting a week or a month.

ive bought kits there in the past and now there worth double. Id have been a sucker not to have bid. I recall a conversation very simular several years ago guys were bitching because the barrel ban drove prices up and saying those who were paying those prices were idiots HMMM who made the wise decisions those who scoffed or those who paid $115 instead of $90????

I just sold for the first time on GB and I was able to make $50 more on a kit over what I got here on a identical kit. can you blame me??? I know what my stuff is worth and ask that. if some one bids it up then so be it. A lot of guys are bitching becuse there are no kits left. Its unfortunate that many missed out but it is what it is. hell I wish I had bought lots of stuff and glad I got what I did. Id love to be able to go back and buy all the mucle cars that were around 20 years ago.

If this whole internet lets tell every body how to build a ak thing, hadnt happend kits would still be $45. I tend to keep a tight lip when I find a source of anything cheap this applies to non gun stuff as well. I had a great source of mags a few years ago and mentioned on the boards an a day later the guy suddendly had a 500% increase in sales and I was SOL. it used to be no big deal to offer a member a 10% discount on a kit now 10% can be $100

If I were looking for a kit, id post a polite WTB in the clasifeds on as many boards as you are a member of and put you email to its easier for some one to contact you. times are tough and many are out of work im sure there are guys who will sell descreatly. good luck

#16 ·
I hear ya. I dont mind making a buck or two on gunbroker as well. Actually I have been doing real well selling some M14/1A parts these past few months. My uncle passed on a few parts my way that he no longer wanted and it was just my luck that they all said TRW on them and its amazing how a little stamp like that can command a premium. Your right in most cases, its not the sellers fault as to why prices are going up. Its many bidders who fear the current situation with these parts kits are only going to worsen, and they are correct as far as I, and many others can tell.

#20 ·
I ran a thread simular to this one and had numerous members contact me with kits for sale.....reasonable I may add. I am buying one sweet looking ride, just waiting on a receiver. If your not getting any response with this thread....go to the classified, there are several there. Or pm I will give you a few members that have a few left to sale.
Sonny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.