Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Template for Yugo blank?

Feedback Score

Default Template for Yugo blank?

I have a pre-bent and formed Yugo receiver, that is not only undrilled, but unmarked as well. Can anyone direct me to where I can get a template to use for drilling the holes?

Feedback Score

I don't have a template but would like to know where you bought the bent/formed reciever. Thx-Ace

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by acem View Post
    I don't have a template but would like to know where you bought the bent/formed reciever. Thx-Ace

You can get them at marsh hawk arms AK-47.org / Marsh Hawk Arms Home Page- AK-47 80% receiver blank kits, AK47 parts, Pre-ban Magazines and more. Build your own AK-47 type rifle. or cold steel Products/Order

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I Ordered in January from Cold Steel Just got it - Seems that CS has gone out the window - almost as if they have short timers mentality.

Value is only so-so $40 for a Blank Then $10 for Rails and Then $10 for shipping the 7-9 weeks wait - at $60 - it is worth the Extra money for a 100% receiver.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I have my Cold Steel order shoud be shipped next week. Can you tell me if they come with the templates glued to them... For that matter do they come with templates at all?

Not sure what you meant by this quote "Seems that CS has gone out the window - almost as if they have short timers mentality."

Thanks,
    Pat

Feedback Score

Really check the template from cold steel mine was wrong, the pin for the hammer was at least a quarter inch off

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by patjsimpson View Post
    I have my Cold Steel order shoud be shipped next week. Can you tell me if they come with the templates glued to them... For that matter do they come with templates at all?

Not sure what you meant by this quote "Seems that CS has gone out the window - almost as if they have short timers mentality."

Thanks,
    Pat
    They Come with Paper Templates/ Blueprints but they are not glued on - your better off measuring from the De milled receiver and from the front and rear trunnions.

What I meant by CS has gone out the window - is that my order was quoted with a 4 week delivery it was'nt shipped for 7 weeks. (After being promised in e-mails otherwise)

By Short-timers - it seems that they are throwing as much mud on the wall before a new "ban". The 80% bent that I got had a " AK-74/Krink Saftey Dimple/ indent on the left side - I was told that this is "how they do all of them otherwise the safety lever wouldn't work as it would be too short" - I tested a bunch of Levers in Yugo's they all fit fine.

(It would be less of an issue if they stated this anywhere on the website - but what was worse is that I now have to drill on a crease - because it is so far off center see photo and the half-circle - this was using real measurements on center with calipers from an original de-milled receiver not a template.)

I know that you have a "Yugo" and that this is for an AMD-65 - (Side folder) The cut for the side folder is off an It will not close (fold down). As well the rear trunnion fit has a huge gap on the top left corner wall and the trunnion of .0713" --think a gap that is thicker than a quarter on the left and a .052" - more than a Dime on the upper right corner wall. I am going to have trim some shims and spot weld them to make sure that the receiver and the rear trunnion don't have a ton of space to move around or flex. ( I am wondering about the top rivets on the rear - if they will be long enough)

If the safety lever was to short on the left side ( where the shepherd hook goes) I figured that a thin washer that was spot welded would fit the bill but - the AMD-65 lever extends out further than flush (it push out past the body on the left side on a 1.6mm Yugo receiver) So it is not even necessary.

As to CS it was over promise and under deliver - 1 week to respond to e-mails and phone messages.

I could go on but why waste anymore time or energy - I bought a 1.5mm (.064") Laser cut receiver - which is what I more than likely end up using. The laser cut holes are OC and match up ( You still have to drill the holes for the rivets )

Picasa Web Albums - Malachi - Coldsteel

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I am unsure if I can post the link direct but if you PM I will send you the link ( they have both 80% and Laser Cut in stock -

Feedback Score

Please help me out here,
    I'm new to AK builds as most of my experience is in assembly of AR15s, is a yugo different than an AMD flat?
    Sorry I'm so ignorant, I'm trying to learn.

I do know the rear trunnion is specific on AMD sidefolder,
    I do know about underfolder cut receivers,
    I do know milled vs sheetmetal,
    However, I do not know if yugos have other differentiating features that would cause them to be specific in 80%.

ATFSUX,
    Is the template that you're looking for specific for a yugo?
    I downloaded my template in a printable PDF. Fixed stock, non-specific.
    Last edited by 7.62x39; 04-13-2009 at 04:21 PM.

Feedback Score

I have template collections for different AK variants let me know if your looking socal805ox@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.