Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AKarl_12
    Who needs FULL-AUTO when you can bump fire

I burn up enough ammo the allready, if I went FULL-AUTO I would be in the poor house.
    Hell, I'm in the poorhouse and rarely bump! Damn dems forcing me to get every kit I can't afford!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I know the feeling Harry, it was fun to bump when a case of 762x39 was under $100 and you could get a battle pack of 762 NATO for $25.
    Who would of thought that would have came to an end?
    Now I make every box last as long as I can.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

best reason not to convert a semi to full auto.... easy
    cuz i dont like getting ass raped by some 400 pound cell mate
    Cheap bastard plus ghetto tools=quality AK build

PLEASE VOTE IN '08 FOR YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!!!!!

RON PAUL '08

Feedback Score

Amen people!

Cue
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by amdhotprocessor View Post
    best reason not to convert a semi to full auto.... easy
    cuz i dont like getting ass raped by some 400 pound cell mate
    ROFL

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Why is this a sticky? It started out with a guy who clearly had no idea what he was talking about rambling on and preaching why its a bad idea to file down "something" to make an AK full auto . Thats not how you make an AK full auto. You buy a parts set and drill a hole and cut a slot. This is the AK47 forum and probably everyone here has a stack of full auto parts laying around anyway. Takes half an hour if you are slow and its as safe as anything. Is it a good idea. Sure it is as long as you have the appropriate paperwork on your side which is really easy to get. Pay the money , file the forms. The ATF WILL approve you. If you dont have the forms then don't do it. Not because its unsafe but because its illegal. It will get you thrown in jail or at least cost you a lot of money. I know someone in the federal pen for doing just that. Someone will hear you shooting and will call the cops on their cell phone !!! Pay the $500 a year and you can do whatever you want. I remember when I was a kid we'd go out to the hills outside of Los Angeles and shoot my grandpas Schnellfeuer Mauser pistol. His father in law was a LA county deputy sheriff and his sheriff buddies would often go out with us. Nobody cared! Its not like that anymore. You'll go to jail if you try that now.

Full auto in a military setting is just a waste of ammo unless your doing a quick suppressive fire burst to get the other guys heads down while your guys move. In a target shooting scenario its just plain fun albeit expensive but get the right paperwork done first. Be an SOT. Why the hell not?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by chipmechanic View Post
    Why is this a sticky? It started out with a guy who clearly had no idea what he was talking about rambling on and preaching why its a bad idea to file down "something" to make an AK full auto . Thats not how you make an AK full auto. You buy a parts set and drill a hole and cut a slot. This is the AK47 forum and probably everyone here has a stack of full auto parts laying around anyway. Takes half an hour if you are slow and its as safe as anything. Is it a good idea. Sure it is as long as you have the appropriate paperwork on your side which is really easy to get. Pay the money , file the forms. The ATF WILL approve you. If you dont have the forms then don't do it. Not because its unsafe but because its illegal. It will get you thrown in jail or at least cost you a lot of money. I know someone in the federal pen for doing just that. Someone will hear you shooting and will call the cops on their cell phone !!! Pay the $500 a year and you can do whatever you want. I remember when I was a kid we'd go out to the hills outside of Los Angeles and shoot my grandpas Schnellfeuer Mauser pistol. His father in law was a LA county deputy sheriff and his sheriff buddies would often go out with us. Nobody cared! Its not like that anymore. You'll go to jail if you try that now.

Full auto in a military setting is just a waste of ammo unless your doing a quick suppressive fire burst to get the other guys heads down while your guys move. In a target shooting scenario its just plain fun albeit expensive but get the right paperwork done first. Be an SOT. Why the hell not?
    WTF

Only dealers can get the $500 a year SOT license, to get around it being not allowed to produce any more fullauto guns. A buddy of mine is a dealer and has several SOT weapons, when I mentioned getting your FFL just so you could get cheap fullauto weapons and pay $500 a year for it (besides your $600 a year FFL license), he said the ATF isn't that stupid and when they see you haven't made a business buying and selling guns, but you've aquired "demo guns" they would go after you for tax evasion. Either they're dumber than I think, or maybe your not as smart as you think you are. Question is, if they were to go after you for trying to fake the system, how deep are your pockets for the fees a good lawyer will charge.
    Anyhow, how is the paper work easy to get?? The business address can no longer be the same address as your home, you must have a separate address for your FFL if I'm not mistaken, the license cost for that is $600 a year now, and the SOT tax on each and every fullauto firearm you have is $500 a year.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

$600 a year FFL license? What ? I believe theyre up to $160 for 3 years. Same regulations as buying a firearm. FBI background check and LEO signoff plus business license.

Your'e REALLY mistaken on several counts. The SOT is $500 a year for all the guns you can build plus the costs for a class 1 ffl and class 7 manufacturers license which are renewable every 3 years but they are much cheaper than the SOT. 11% excise tax on any rifles you manufacture and sell. If you have a home based business which are legal in most places you can have the ffl in that adress. No problem. Just keep the books up to date and they like you to have a gun safe. Ive done it and i know several guys who have home based ffl's at this time. The SOT is just another paper on top of the other two. Who said anything about faking the system. As an 01/07/SOT you just have to have regular business hours which are up to you and keep books of transfers. You deal just like a storefront FFL and you are not required to have a regular inventory . People can order through you to buy things from century or whatever wholesaler they want. Do 4-5 transfers a year and they can't say squat. As a manufacturer you arent required to have a regular inventory. You charge a fee for transfers and you can transfer class 3 items. You can't get post may samples unless you have a law enforcement letter but you can build all the MG's and silencers for evaluation on a form 2 you want. No more $200 taxes or LEO signoffs. When you go out of the SOT business you have to demill them and send your books into the ATF. All on the up and up.

Feedback Score

Very good explanation, however by who's definition are normal business hours, if you already have a 9-5 job? With the ATF seeming to rethink everything in the past couple years, it still sounds risky unless you can show your running a business, and not a hobby that you do on the weekends.......

As my buddy told me, it would suck if you were the person they decided to make an example out of....

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Make an example out of you for following the letter of the law? I dont think so. For the most part the ATF is really there to help businesses out. No shit. Business hours can be weekends , It can be evenings. It can be whenever YOU want as long as its regular hours. set aside a few hours say from 7- 9 pm. I sent my stuff in years ago but thats what I did. The guy I buy receivers through now does the same thing. Its hell to get ahold of him but its all legal.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.