Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score

So, I guess it's not worth it?

Feedback Score

the only good thing i can say for the meathead trying to go full auto is that when they tried it with the one i own made it usless it only shot one shot and had hammer follow which made it possible for me to buy it for well under 300.00 and replace the trigger for under 30.00 thanks to meathead i love my new ak

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by gunnysmith View Post
    Good reading on the origin of the NFA 1934

1934 NFA HEARINGS

I believe if the NFA were challenged under expost facto and shall not be in fringed,It would not stand scrutiny.
    Section 9 - Limits on Congress
    No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
    the NFA is not an ex post facto law.

Feedback Score

Postak

Quote Originally Posted by dody View Post
    the only good thing i can say for the meathead trying to go full auto is that when they tried it with the one i own made it usless it only shot one shot and had hammer follow which made it possible for me to buy it for well under 300.00 and replace the trigger for under 30.00 thanks to meathead i love my new ak
    I had the same thing, someone stuffed a wad or paper in my trigger group, would only shoot one shot. pulled the paper wad out and now I own a solid reliable AK underfolder! Theres some things you tinker with and some ya don't! Illegal conversions are one thing you don't mess with!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cammobunker View Post
    I'll kick in even more reasons if I may.
    1) Full auto is damned hard to control. It takes practice. Where you gonna practice? Every time you let rip you gotta worry about the weapon detonating on you, or the cops showing up.
    2) Full auto is expensive man! It don't take long to go thru a case of 1000 at full auto.
    3) Full auto is hard on weapons. Yes, they were designed to be fired full auto (with full auto parts installed you understand), but that doesn't mean it's necesarily good for them.
    4) By converting your semi to full auto, you make the jobs of the Antis and the Bradys that much easier.
    5) If you get caught....No, WHEN you get caught, as ZZ said, you will spend a great deal of time incarcerated in a Federal Correctional Facility. For the rest of your life, you are a FELON which means you will never, ever, ever be able to own or even be in the same room as a gun. Period.

IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT.
    If you must waste ammo, learn to bump. Bumping is just about as accurate as full auto, and it's legal baby!
    actualy you are wrong on a few things there, you can go to court to fight for your rights and some only give you like 5 10 years no firearms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    This is good advise guys. You don't want to go to jail for something as stupid as this. When I was much younger, and had half my brain up my butt, I came real close. I had an unregistered WWII .45 acp under the front seat of my car. Nothing could happen.... right? Wrong! I was pulled over for a simple traffic violation and the pistol was discovered. This was in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. The offense carried a mandatory one year prison sentence. Eighteen years old and facing a mandatory prison sentence in Rahway, isn't where you want your life going. I really lucked out and was able to get the charges dropped, but it could just as easily have gone the other way. No freedom, no guns EVER, a past felony conviction following me around the rest of my life. So think twice, and don't do the dumb thing. IT AIN'T WORTH IT!
    Big Blue

so basically you some how weasled your way out of it.
    so you are no better than a felon and deserve a gun no more than them, any way even felons have a right to bear arms and can get thier rights back, sad half of you dont know what you are saying.

Feedback Score

Well I was a m60 gunner until they phased my pig out and gave me a piglet(M249) but once trained full auto was all about trigger control you never open up mostly 3 round burst. I will say tho full auto is a must at times like urban warfare I would go into buildings in Iraq and just spray 400 rounds from room to room you dont go semi if so your dead. I use to carry all the ammo I could carry forget food and dump my canteen except a sip or two it was all about ammo. Trust me picking your target is for snipers once we busted that door down we sprayed it was all about coming home I once seen a Brit cut in half trying to be nice firing one round at a time after entering a building. AKs and M16s in combat are pop guns I was lucky not to have been issued them I always volunteered at each unit to be a 60 gunner or SAW . I guss what I'm saying is full auto in the hands of a skilled solider is a must ,sure in BLDC the instructors say conserver ammo I say bring enough so you dont have to conserve if it gets to heavy on a mission drop it I use to throw bandoleers of 60 off in the bush all the time.. Well thats my 2 cents
    GO Airassult!!

Feedback Score

Full auto

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Akinhand View Post
    so basically you some how weasled your way out of it.
    so you are no better than a felon and deserve a gun no more than them, any way even felons have a right to bear arms and can get thier rights back, sad half of you dont know what you are saying.
    Whether he got lucky or not, the fact is that constitutionally, the laws in New Jersey should not even exist. They infringe on the right to keep and bear arms and to be safe and secure on or in your property. These rights have been slowly chipped away at and eroded.

Should we treat Americans who are exercising their civil rights as criminals? Same as any other civil right (such as free speech, freedom of religion, or the right to due process.) So maybe we need to clarify what is a criminal. Exercising your civil rights should never be a criminal act, to do so suggests that the right, is not a right.

Mark

Feedback Score

If you convert one to full auto, you can't shoot it at any ranges unless it is registered. Plus full auto can not be accurately fired.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.