Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fathersam View Post
    20+ seconds to fire 100 rounds... However if it had been a real full auto, that would have been all over in 1/2 that time. Yes, bump fire is the best we get without special permission from our government.

It looks cool, it sounds cool, but it's not full auto. You can't shoulder the weapon properly or be as accurate. I'm not trying to be pedantic about this, but honestly, the biggest difference is that you can be more accurate with a real selective fire weapon. However the government doesn't know how to legislate common sense, and this is where we are at.

I wish I could say we have honest full auto available to all citizens who have no felonious histories, mental defects, or other disqualifying conditions, but I can't. Full auto is only for those with enough money to pay the artificially inflated prices.

Mark

Feedback Score

in real life do we need full auto
    self defense at home dont think so
    target shooting noop
    oh yeah if a terrorist want to spray on crowd he needs a full auto
    other wise i dont see any need for full auto in civilian life
    dont think i am against guns i am all for guns but i dont see any need for full auto as a civlian

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

self defense at home dont think so
    target shooting noop
    other wise i dont see any need for full auto in civilian life
    dont think i am against guns i am all for guns but i dont see any need for full auto as a civlian

how about defense from a tyrannical force, or a red dawn scenario?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

self defense at home do nt think so
    target shooting noop
    other wise i dont see any need for full auto.
    Depends on who is breaking into your home. Out here in MD, the swat team "accidentally" busted into Phyllis and Mike Hasenei's home, killed his dog and terrorized the entire family or Cheye Calvo, the mayor of a suburban Washington town, whose dogs were killed by a SWAT team last year in a raid that made international news. I think that would call for full auto, and by all rights, had he defended his home he would have been in the right. The government has no right to bust down your door, destroy your property, kill your pets, and then say, "oops, wrong number."

Do I think we "need" full auto, not on a day to day basis... neither do the cops or the military. However, there are those times where full auto is the right answer.

It's the same debate with guns:

Do you need a scope? Not if you're a good hunter.
    Do you need a semi-automatic firearm? Absolutely not, a lever action rifle or revolver is plenty fast for hunting or home defense.
    Do you need a handgun? Nope, where you planning on carrying that thing?
    Do you need hollow point bullets, tracers, steel core? What are you hunting? (Wake up, the second amendment is not about "home defense" and hunting.)
    Do you use your gun everyday, by use, I mean fire it to survive? Of course not. How many times have you used YOUR gun in self defense? Say 0 and we have the argument that you don't need your gun.

It's a BS argument. The standard should be, do I have the same rights that my government has in protecting my civil rights?

Does my government have the right to arm itself with semi-automatic or automatic weapons? Then why shouldn't I have that same right? Is the government entitled to rights that are denied average citizens?

What ever happened to a government for the people, by the people?

Are weapons so dangerous that I only trust my government with them? Think about that, when has the government been the preferred repository of trust.

Still, the law of the land is only those with the requisite disposable income may own LEGAL fully automatic firearms. If you believe that the only full auto firearms owned in the US are legal one's you might want ask the ATF, as they have confiscated plenty of illegal firearms. I am not advocating that ANYONE convert a weapon illegally, so let's be clear, but likewise I don't believe that law-abiding citizens are less trustworthy than the police or the military.

Mark

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

It's a BS argument. The standard should be, do I have the same rights that my government has in protecting my civil rights?

Does my government have the right to arm itself with semi-automatic or automatic weapons? Then why shouldn't I have that same right? Is the government entitled to rights that are denied average citizens?

What ever happened to a government for the people, by the people?

Are weapons so dangerous that I only trust my government with them? Think about that, when has the government been the preferred repository of trust.
    Exactly

Feedback Score

When the government stops fearing the people, something has gone wrong. I forget who said something to that effect...was it John Adams?

Anyways, the Federal Government always misreads the Second Amendment. It has no "if" , "and", or "but" anywhere within it that allows for restrictions that keep us from carrying openly or concealed in public, or from owning fully automatic weapons all without license or permit, Federally, at least. Yes, the states are (supposedly) delegated (well, not so much anymore) any other powers to regulate not mentioned in the US Constitution.

Even so, The People deserve to be able to defend themselves without a license to carry concealed or not within their Nation, their states, their districts, their counties, their cities, their neighborhoods, and their homes. Why should we have to be on a government list (state or federal) if we want to own or carry a particular weapon? I see this as preparation by the elites that rule the country and corporate world making notes in case the people try to rise up as implied by the second amendment.

There do need to be exceptions of course, for courtrooms and other such cases, and for mentally ill and felons, but our rights are being trampled on.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Pretty freaking clear.

Feedback Score

great advise.
    my biggest question is arent some of these demilled kits full auto?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by cldump View Post
    great advise.
    my biggest question is arent some of these demilled kits full auto?
    Most of the kits were made by demilling select fire rifles. Some of those kits have all of the pieces except the receiver, others are missing some of the parts for select fire capability.
    The receivers available will not accept some of the parts needed for select fire.

Feedback Score

oh i see so the flats do not have the holes to accept the additional parts. that makes since

Feedback Score

Your right! Bump firing is better...my friend can bump fire an ak from his shoulder...just remember it might be legal to bump fire...but you might attract unwanted attention. We got kicked out of a range once...also with the way things are going....who knows, we may end up in jail for bump firing. just shoot semi. I don't even shoot that much anymore with the price of ammo. ($300 for 1,000 rounds)

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.