Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score

Also, if you live in an area where the police use Shotspotter, you might run into difficulties, as I believe it can tell the difference between semi and auto fire.
    I'd even be reluctant to bump fire

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbeat View Post
    Also, if you live in an area where the police use Shotspotter, you might run into difficulties, as I believe it can tell the difference between semi and auto fire.
    I'd even be reluctant to bump fire

Bumpfiring is not illegal. What would you be charged with? Personally I don't believe in going beyond the letter of the law.

I saw an interesting device the other day. It was a crank type trigger for a 10/22 . I know most of them don't work because you end up firing out of battery. This one had a bolt close safety/safety sear incorporated into the trigger pack to prevent the hammer from falling unless the bolt was fully closed. Great idea and they were running out 50 rounds in 5 seconds without fault. Total waste of ammo but totally legal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Was the "safety sear" part of the crank assembly or part of the FCG? If part of the FCG, it is only a disabled disconnector away from being an MG, which is why the semi auto L1A1 rifles are banned from import.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kernelkrink View Post
    Was the "safety sear" part of the crank assembly or part of the FCG? If part of the FCG, it is only a disabled disconnector away from being an MG, which is why the semi auto L1A1 rifles are banned from import.
    It is a part that comes with the kit but gets added to the FCG. Take a look at their vids and you get an idea whats going on. They don't show the part in the pics. They call it an interupter. Its a safety sear.

Nanocrank

Keep in mind the SKS uses a safety sear as does the winchester 100 . I think the restriction comes if the gun type had been used as a full auto ever. An L1A1 would convert easily. An SKS might take a dumb monkey an hour or so to make timed full auto.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ah, looking at the vid it interacts with the disconnector, preventing it from resetting until the bolt is closed. That isn't technically a safety sear as it doesn't interact directly with the hammer. That should not be a problem as disabling the disconnector would also disable the thingie they add and just result in hammer follow.

Feedback Score

word to big bird!

Feedback Score

Yes, you can be accurate with sustained automatic fire... when shooting prone and with a bipod. I know of a sweet shooting G3 that can make a nice "void" in a target out to some distance while sustaining automatic fire. Even in this case, the G3 was acting as a SAW, not a battle rifle for which it was designed.

Legalities are often annoying and sometimes completely useless, but in general, they stop stupid people from doing something even more stupid.

Feedback Score

Hey guys, I am new to this forum but not new to AK-47's! I must say, I agree with all of your thoughts on NOT converting your AK from semi to full auto. However, I have been shooting AK's for many years now and I promise you, there is absolutely NO comparison between the two! I have had the luxury of unlimited ammo and a safe place to shoot, which alleviates some of your concerns, but there is nothing in the world like shooting a fully automatic AK-47!

Feedback Score

Here where I live in the big city you can find a range that has Full auto for rent ,$30 firearm rental,UZI,M16, THOMPSON,M2carbine,makes for a great date and its a hoot------------and Legal:

Feedback Score

So does this mean the semi auto version of the Ak can't handle rapid pulls of the trigger or bump firing with out jamming or failing? Or how about the bumpfire stock from slide fire solutions?

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.