Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorKolours View Post
    So does this mean the semi auto version of the Ak can't handle rapid pulls of the trigger or bump firing with out jamming or failing? Or how about the bumpfire stock from slide fire solutions?
    The regular AK47 shouldnt have a problem with rapid fire from your fingers - no jamming. What a normal AK-47 has is an extra cross bolt piece just in front of the trigger pin assembly. There is no trick to making an AK-47 that is buit right ot fire full auto since it has all the necessary parts and design to pull this off. There were a few Saiga AK-47 imported that were caught by BATFE upon arrival as they had that 3rd pin though the frame indicating and meaning it "could" have been modified to be a fully functional AK-47 full auto.
    Cheers!
    Vern
    http://taurus45acp.com My website, and has links of interest, NRA-ILA feed and profile.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorKolours View Post
    So does this mean the semi auto version of the Ak can't handle rapid pulls of the trigger or bump firing with out jamming or failing? Or how about the bumpfire stock from slide fire solutions?
    A factory full auto AK has a device in it that times the hammer to fall exactly when the bolt fully closes, thus ensuring a good firing pin strike every time. With a semi auto and bumpfiring or even rapid trigger pulls, it is possible to release the hammer before the bolt is fully closed. If the gun is to spec, what happens is you get a light FP hit or no hit at all, and the gun stops firing with a live round in the chamber and an uncocked gun. You have to cycle it to start firing again. If the gun is not to spec, you could fire the round before the bolt is locked up. Kaboom!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

This thread started 03-20-2004, 11:05 PM, Have we broken the Guiness record yet LOL
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Have we broken the Guiness record yet
    Nope but I think we're getting close

You can rapid fire or bump fire your semi AK. My opinion on that slide stock, buy ammo instead and practice bumping
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by gunnysmith View Post
    This thread started 03-20-2004, 11:05 PM, Have we broken the Guiness record yet LOL
    Good thinkin Gunny..
    How the hell do you apply too those people.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile Hell..

The L.O.s here dont need that shooting locator thing for me.
    Hell one shot gets fired in the neighborhood and everyone and their brother comes out of the house and points at my damn house.
    The Sheriffs are cool. They dont give a damn.
    But the damn Bambi loving, butt lovin Game Warden nazi goes friggen bezerk.
    "You vill nots shoots in my forest, is dat understood?"
    "Your forest. When the hell did you buy it dickhead?"
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Would like to add my 2 cents worth, and seeing no new post here in 6 years it's time for one. A few years ago at a local range a guy has this MG 34, real nice, built on top of a legal M16. He had a pickup loaded with ammo, about 10 spare barrels and wanted everyone to shoot it. I took my turn, carefully taking one shot at a time. He stopped me to check if gun was set to full auto. He ask why I was only taking one shot at a time. I told him I wasn't on some berm line or beach head, I just wanted to see how good a gun it was. Oh, it was a good shooter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

OTOH, a guy brought around a MAC10 once, we asked him how well it shot on semi. He had no idea, the selector had never been touched.......

Feedback Score

Unhappy

BUT!

...okay

Feedback Score

great post, i have some experience with full auto ak's and you really do have to practice to keep any groups tight...... for any newbie that thinks its cool to try to convert, dont waste your time, you will get hurt and ruin a perfectly good rifle......if you have to scratch that itch just get a bump fire stock!

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.