Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score

For a second, i thought this post was a response post to a couple of IDIOTIC vids on youtube about grinding down the disconnector, then i realize this thread was started in march 2004!!
    great post tho!!

Feedback Score

Who can afford the ammo on auto? Fun for a while, but gets you in the end!

Feedback Score

I am satisfied with my semi -autos, Civialins really dont need FA Weapons. I had enought of them, being in two branches of the military. Semi- copies are fine. One will only get into trouble with a FA weapon. Its not worth the time or the money, That is the time in fed prison, the money I would have to pay to the goverment in fines. ehy should I give it to them when, I can better spend my money then they can....Doc

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dcholl View Post
    I am satisfied with my semi -autos, Civialins really dont need FA Weapons. I had enought of them, being in two branches of the military. Semi- copies are fine. One will only get into trouble with a FA weapon. Its not worth the time or the money, That is the time in fed prison, the money I would have to pay to the goverment in fines. ehy should I give it to them when, I can better spend my money then they can....Doc

Why shouldn't "civilians" have FA? I know people who have the tax stamp for each of their full auto firearms. Nothing illegal and if they can afford it, why not?
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What he said
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

If Janet Reno's GOONS have them...............So should a well regulated militia.....
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dcholl View Post
    Doc myself also with the full auto.. Had enough with the Military and the fun switch.. Really really a waste of ammo, fun though if Uncle Sugar is paying for the ammo.. 3 round burst, great idea..
    Problems with the legality of owning one, really started way back in the 20s and 30s..
    Our Govt., like the present panic, came up with a great idea.. Put a $300?? tax stamp on owning one..
    They were tired of Frank Nitty and Al Capone, shooting back at them..
    Know what that money was to them? A tip in a nice restaurant.
    All the law did, was make it impossible for the average legal person to obtain one. They were broke at the time..
    Imagine how many full autos came back from WWII, Grandpa stuck in the closet. The 68" clemency came about..
    I go with sniper on this.. Hell if you want one and can get a tax stamp.. Govt. would know where they are..
    Let the legal people have fun at the range with the damn things.
    Is the law stopping MS-13 and the boys? Hell no.. Everyone wants what they can not have..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

hell just plunk down the $300 for the bump fire if you got to have it or go NFA if you got big $$$.

full auto is sort of overplayed on the TV/movies anyway.

we did use a lot of FA fire as members of fire teams --we were supported by sniper teams and DRM's

without these systems and teams its effectiveness over semi is questionable.

you got to remember we had all this saws and 240s and very importantly m203s as sort of an interlocking machine---

Feedback Score

What are the thoughts on the slide fire stock? I feel the same way about full auto as y'all do..(waste of ammo, not-accurate, hard on weapon)....But those stocks have the capability to be full auto (simulated thru bumpfire technology in stock), and semi. There is a round knob on the under side of the stock that gives you the option. I personally think that is the best of both worlds...legal, interchangeable(fa/semi), modular, etc.
    You never know when your gonna have to let go of 20-30 rounds rapidly to penetrate and eliminate an enemy behind cover before he has the opportunity to reload/escape/fire upon you.

I only have 2 issues...how well is that knob(selector) made. I fear that if you rubbed stock accross your chests to hard you might without knowing it switch to fa....
    And it is really ugly...IMO...lol.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Sorry if what I said was already covered.....lol......didn't know how long this damn thread was till I chimed in and looked up at the screen to see 25 +pages!!! lol
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.