Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by birdman8387 View Post
    I only have 2 issues...how well is that knob(selector) made. I fear that if you rubbed stock accross your chests to hard you might without knowing it switch to fa....
    And it is really ugly...IMO...lol.

Not sure what you mean by sliding it across your chest? Your finger still has to be on the trigger and you need to be exerting forward pressure on the gun for it to bump fire, not nearly as touchy as I feel you perceive it.

Its not for me but it is very controllable. You can "burst" fire as well since you control the forward pressure.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

birdman, what Jim said.. You really do not slide the stock, stock stays steady and the weapon actually slides.. Knob is to lock it so you can not bump fire it..
    Well made, yes.. Fun at the range, get the feel of some rapid fire if you have never done it before..
    Reliable? Takes a lot of practice to go through a full mag without stoppage, my experience..
    Legality? 100% ATF approved..
    Overall a fun novelty.. Would I want to land on the beach at Iwo Jima with one? Ah no..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

You guys mis-understood what i was trying to say....lol....if you look at a youtube video of the slide fire ak stock, the knob is on the underside of the stock....if you were simply walking with the gun on your chest, hooked to a sling, patroling your property, or what ever scenario you want....and you rubbed the stock up your chest a little when bringing the rifle to the firing position, it looks like the knob....fire selector.....could be pushed into a different position if you weren't careful.

I know the rifle is not going to fire on its own, and from the videos i've seen, it isn't that touchy in the simulated full auto mode....you can do 3 round burst or single shots with practice....as Jim said

I was just curious of the craftsmanship.....how much pressure it would take to change the selector knob between full/semi.....Have any of you actually used one...?
    I'm thinking it's something I would like to keep in the closet and throw it on a couple a times a year for some fun....Thanks for the feedback!
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

birdman no.. That knob has a super strong spring on it.. You have to pull very hard on it to change positions..
    At no time are you firing "full auto" with the slide fire stock.. One pull of the trigger, one shot... Just an improvement on bump fire..
    Is it fun? I guess if you never fired rapid fire..
    Is it full auto? Not a chance, not even close.. The adds with Granny firing it would like you to believe so..
    Why did the ATF approve it? Because the "slide fire" is a fun to shoot novelty.
    With my experience and probably the ATF Agents who tested it before approval. Your chances of getting through a full mag without jam, are not very good..
    Watch the You Tube Armsdorf put up. Jam.. The Military sure aint buying them, they would have to give the Troops bayonets..
    birdman sorry ADD: Not sure I answered your question. Look for a used one. People are dumping them, they probably can not figure how to make it work. Got mine for $200..
    Buy one? Yeah fun at the range. Go through a lot of ammo.. Would I use it in a life or death situation? Hell no..
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-11-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Add..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

That info on the spring is exactly the info i was looking for. Thanks 4th.

BTW....i like your avatar....lol
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

This is a great post. I am a newbie interested in building an AK and this (in general) crossed my mind. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

people are dumoing thembecause they can't afford the ammo and for the the price its cheaper to by a bag of rubber bands or even cheaper figure out how to hold the weapon to cause it to bumpfire with no gadgets, and yep there are probably a few idiots who can figure out how to use the slde stock
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

It would be a cold day in hell before I paid the 250ish they want for the slide fire stocks. I've seen a couple at shows and I thought they looked cheap myself. A friend has one and I tried it and it does take a bit of a knack to get used to it, but still not a FA by any stretch.

Just another overpriced gadget if you ask me. I'll slide on one. I guess I just got spoiled by the M-60, and nothing has really matched it other than another FA. If you really want to fire FA,,,,,buy/build one and pay the tax stamp to have a real one. Forget the gadgets, there just a way to charge you to much for something that only sorta works, IMO.

Feedback Score

I'd rather face a man with a SAW than an old deer hunter from Pennsylvania with a lever-action 30-30.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

True fact hunter-02, most, real,, deer hunters don't miss,, much.

Especially the ,, one gun wonders,, damn,, can some of those old boys shoot. And most can out shoot your fanciest guns with there beat up looking lever gun that's never been taken care of,,,,ever and it's just been stuck in the corner loaded for >40 years!
    Hell my X brother in law has an old lever savage that half the front sight broke off of 30+ years ago,,

and he still gets a deer with it every year! GIMMIE A BREAK!

I've offered to put a new one on it for free a hundred times and he says,,"naw, it shoots just right for me" I guess ya can't argue his one shot,,one deer every year record,,,

But damn it,,,,, FA guns sure are fun to dance tin cans around with mister!!! Just not really practical for anything unless moneys no object, plus all the BS is a bit much to suite me. Ones not in my future.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.