Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score

i would be a little more conservative about the type of knowledge we share in the forums my good man. knowledge can easily be misconstrued as something as "interesting" by people with ulterior motives. lets keep in mind that we are all strangers here. we dont know who's at the other end of a screen name. just a word to the wise.

Feedback Score

Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by half_wolf
    i would be a little more conservative about the type of knowledge we share in the forums my good man. knowledge can easily be misconstrued as something as "interesting" by people with ulterior motives. lets keep in mind that we are all strangers here. we dont know who's at the other end of a screen name. just a word to the wise.
    Agreed, this post should have been put to rest before being pinned. I've got no interest in F/A unless I'm at Knob Creek or Bulletfest. Don't need a reason "why", common sense is what it's all about. Plenty of our internet afficiandos have been hammered for breaking the law. I can dump 30-40 rounds in no time on semi alone, fun's fun when blasting a barren hillside. ZZ seems to have been somewhat extinct for months unless he's Falfiles regular?

This was but one of his "for interest to all" posts before flying the 'coop that was copied and pasted to every internet gun board...No offense towards his effort, it's just not a relevant topic for most members. Those who choose to do otherwise? They'll be caught and prosecuted. Moot issue for the bulk of gun enthusiests.

Pretty much a moot issue... Full-auto is for those who pay for the stamps and allow federal pigs to investigate at will. Legal, transferable AK's aren't worth the money unless you've got plenty to waste. (Hell, you could buy several F/A's for the $$ for an AK and have three times the fun...)

No thanks, I'll take my semi's, shoot pop bottles, paper, and varmints. As if I could afford to throw thousands of rounds downrange full-speed for nothing but potential prosecution.

Dead thread, started by the spokesperson for Bulgarian (semi) superiority. (search ZZ as nec., Bulgarian AK's are the Creme de la Creme....)

Let's kill this one or condense it down to the realistic points nec. to have any bearing on anything realistic.

It's running the edge of the stupid home-made tannerite thread that suggested using componants likely to put one on a terorrism watch list.

As Barney Fife would say: "Nip it! Just nip it! Nip it in the bud!"

Gawd knows, plenty of Federal Barney's patrol the boards. Don't feed the swine.(they eat everything...)

Feedback Score

Agreed, we've already lost the 2nd Amendment full-auto fight so lets let the First Amendment be damned also!

Feedback Score

NEVER! you'll never take me alive copper...first one thru the door is coming with me...

LOL

Just build a shorty AK and live with that shit on your side. When BATF comes knockin have one last show down and let them take your iron off your dead body...

Or, I could *wake up* LOL

Agreed, this thread is dangerous... the info I provided earlier was just FYI kind of stuff... Having been to Vegas and shot a full auto AK, I can tell you its not that fun/usefull... I tried wide open mag dumps and when braced and setup properly you CAN empty an AK mag into the 10 ring on a target at 25feet, but it takes concentration... FA is for suppressive fire and close-in CQB... anything over 25feet is getting more and more useless... Having fired a real Chicom F/A AK in Vegas I can tell you that AKs seem MUCH more usefull and controllable doing 2 and 3 rd bursts...first shot in right knee, 2nd waist area and 3rd in left shoulder... Thats how the russians are taught to use their AKs... let the recoil strafe the target... up and to the right..

I would say F/A is for terrorists and big military units/organizations (NOT the FARC LOL) and that the max a civilian could really use effectively would be 2-3 round bursts. A stock AK w/600rpm cyclical is real controllable. No probles rocking off 2 and 3 rd controlled bursts just using timing.... its a nice slow rate of fire. Not like the 1800RPM of the Mac-11 .380 they had...SHEESH... all 30rds in the air before the 1st casing hits the floor..

Have a good one!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_WalksII
    It's running the edge of the stupid home-made tannerite thread that suggested using componants likely to put one on a terorrism watch list.
    We're all probably on a "terrorist watch list"...

Remember:

* Illegal aliens=OK / Encouraged
    * Criminals=Protected By Law and Taxpayers Dollars
    * Average Joe / Jane American Family=TERRORISTS!!!

They can "watch" me all they like... but if anyone tries to mess with me and accuse ME of being a "terrorist"... well let me just say that Kevlar ain't gonna do the job.

Roger
    "Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto." -- Dr. Mikhail T. Kalashnikov

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by justashooter
    you gotta be kidding me? i'm gonna ring mikael and have him set you straight.

hammer releaser? the safety sear controls the hammer release, buddy. same thing in all auto-rifles in this class (ar, fal, whatever) that fire from a closed bolt and floating firing pin.

the rate reducer is all about cyclic rate. nothing to do with tolerances. is possible to change rate by replacing the fly-weight on the reducer with one of a different weight, or grinding on the existing one (only increases rate). simple physics.

{wraps arm around wayward young soul in fatherly way}
    "come into my workshop for a bit, and we can work on your understanding of the mechanics of auto-rifle function..."
    Tell ya what... download a copy of the Kalashnikov patent... go to the drawing which shows the fire control group (as WE call it), then ask someone who is fluent in Russian to tell you what the "safety sear" is called on the drawing.

Then... look at the thingy between the trigger and the disconnector... ask what that's called ON THE BLUEPRINT.

When you're done, I'll gladly accept your apology.

(btw, "young soul" is relative. I'm 48... how old are you?)

Roger
    "Anything that is complex is not useful and anything that is useful is simple. This has been my whole life's motto." -- Dr. Mikhail T. Kalashnikov

Feedback Score

He's an idiot...thats OK tho, he went to the University of Internet...

Wanker...

Feedback Score

jpglee1...I just took the time to read some of your posts on this thread. That so-called friend of yours......I think he's putting you on. I'm not going to get into a discussion as to why I believe so, but I woldn't take his coments too seriously.

Feedback Score

Semi-auto to full auto begets blindness , ripped fingers , exploded rifles , hurt watchers , lawsuits from previous , police raids , etc. But go ahead if you think you should.
    88hits

Feedback Score

Default Bolt Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by ZOID ZODIAN

a different bolt carrier is used
    The vast majority of AK bolt carriers that are in over-the-counter AK's that are sold to civillians are "select fire" bolt carriers, which DO NOT make the rifle fire full auto.

You're fine using the standard military bolt carrier.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.