Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: A Reminder of Why You Can't and Don't Want to Convert Your AK to full Auto.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

This is good advise guys. You don't want to go to jail for something as stupid as this. When I was much younger, and had half my brain up my butt, I came real close. I had an unregistered WWII .45 acp under the front seat of my car. Nothing could happen.... right? Wrong! I was pulled over for a simple traffic violation and the pistol was discovered. This was in the Peoples Republic of New Jersey. The offense carried a mandatory one year prison sentence. Eighteen years old and facing a mandatory prison sentence in Rahway, isn't where you want your life going. I really lucked out and was able to get the charges dropped, but it could just as easily have gone the other way. No freedom, no guns EVER, a past felony conviction following me around the rest of my life. So think twice, and don't do the dumb thing. IT AIN'T WORTH IT!
    Big Blue

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Well said big blue, welcome to the board! Where you from in east PA? Pittsburgh here.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by EdHunter
    Well said big blue, welcome to the board! Where you from in east PA? Pittsburgh here.
    Just north of Allentown, I can see the Applachian Trail from the window i'm sittin' at.
    Big Blue

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I give a copy of the first part of this thread to everybody I help building theyre first ak kit. It keeps curiosity at bay.I have bump fired my fal, my bushmaster ar15, and all my aks,romys,bulgys,hungarians,all with great succsess. Useless but fun. Once I had a prob. with hammer on an ak following bolt carrier forward from hammer,trigg. rec. holes wallowing out from no heat treat. The gun did not fire out of battery. On the other hand I talked to a class III dealer that had an eye put out from a Ruger AC556 that fired out of battery on full auto. Go figure.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

God will you guys chill, I don't like anyone telling me what kind of gun I can or can't own and would like a full auto to hang on my gun rack but like it has been said it would cost first born to be able to fire it. It is not that big of a thing to let it be and stay with a semi auto take your hate on the gov. for telling you what you can and can't do, it cost $50.00 to build a new AK 47 that is what the US Gov. is paying Jorden for them, and look what we have to pay for them. If you go to e-Military Manuals and get the AK 47 Manual it has all the info on how to make your gun into a full auto and yes you need the right parts!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kdbaki
    God will you guys chill, I don't like anyone telling me what kind of gun I can or can't own and would like a full auto to hang on my gun rack but like it has been said it would cost first born to be able to fire it. It is not that big of a thing to let it be and stay with a semi auto take your hate on the gov. for telling you what you can and can't do, it cost $50.00 to build a new AK 47 that is what the US Gov. is paying Jorden for them, and look what we have to pay for them. If you go to e-Military Manuals and get the AK 47 Manual it has all the info on how to make your gun into a full auto and yes you need the right parts!

whatever ones opinion it is best to obey the law and to stay out of prison.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score

Why go full auto when u can bumpfire.We have to many laws on guns though i wish they were less restrictive.U know an ak wants to be full auto when it can bumpfire like nothing pretty soon they will make that illegal too im sure they will find a lupoll somewhere.

Feedback Score

Talking

Thats a lot of baloney didnt you ever watch Rambo!!

Just kidding.

Everything you said is absolutly true.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

A friend in Special Forces related to me one encounter. During an exercise his band of meery men had their weapons set to Semi-auto, and scored a 20:1 kill ratio against a group whose weapons were all on "Full". Full auto may be fun, but unless you're shooting at an airplane, or trying to keep someone's head down until you can move into a more advantageous position, it's useless as an extra bell-button.

Feedback Score

the AK47 can be converted to automatic with parts that you already have when you buy a kit. it takes 20 minutes with a dremel, and a drill press. as for out of battery fire, the bolt locks into battery before the hammer can even touch the bolt. if you dont blieve me, do this:

Take the top cover off your rifle.

Pull the carrier back.

Slowly let it forward, SLOWLY!

Release the hammer, so it "Follows" the carrier.

Now pay attention, look at the back of the bolt, it will start spinning, go slow so you see it.

the bolt will stop spinning even though the carrier is still about 3/8" from closing, that means, the bolt is locked in place while the carrier isnt even closed yet!

now, do this over again, but this time, when the bolt stops spinning, look at the "Tail" on the end of the carrier, you will see that even though the bolt is locked in place, this "Tail" is still stopping the hammer from touching the firing pin until the bolt if fully locked, and the carrier is closed enough. this means that out of battery fire is impossible.

I bet i just stepped on plenty of toes, but their the toes of slobs if any, so its fine.

also, id like to point out, if someone really wants a full auto, they WILL get it, even if its a felony. so this post is useless, as people who want them will ignore this post all together.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.