Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most effective AK flash hider/brake?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Oh, they also have one that looks very similair to the above Bulgy unit, the CQB Comp, 30 cal. Provides compensation and flash hides, optimised for indoors.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

It also costs twice as much and doesnt do anything the Bulgy unit doesnt do. The Bulgarian four piece is the standard for flash suppressors. Anything else is just a crappy copy with bling thrown on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

No shit. Nobody said the Bulgarian wasn't good. I'd like to find one in 1/2X28 myself.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Ive seen the 1/2x28 to 24x1.5 mm thread adapters. I cant think of where though.

Feedback Score

I have used two flash hider/compensators that I got from cheaper than dirt. I am shooting 124gr. hollow points. Without ear protection my 16" barrel will deafen me. The slant break works better, but it is not a flash hider. Some evening I'll try it without the break at all and see what happens.

Feedback Score

I'd rather like to make one of those FHs, but it could be very easily classified as a suppressor by the ATF, Noveske makes something like that too, I'll have to go look at their patent drawings If I can find them...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [486] View Post
    I'd rather like to make one of those FHs, but it could be very easily classified as a suppressor by the ATF, Noveske makes something like that too, I'll have to go look at their patent drawings If I can find them...

I have owned a Noveske before. Not quite the same as the Bulgarian internally but saying the designed is "influenced" by the Bulgarian might be might be putting it lightly. The Noveske unit integrates the cone and front cap and is threaded 1/2x28

Your'e right though. I don't know how those guys got by without the ATF ruling them to be silencers. I certainly wouldnt want to build one without a form 1 in hand.

Feedback Score

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy one commercially, I don't want a trip to "federal pound me in the ass prison" as it was put in office space... In MN you don't even get to register suppressors, so this is the next best thing...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chipmechanic View Post
    Your'e right though. I don't know how those guys got by without the ATF ruling them to be silencers. I certainly wouldnt want to build one without a form 1 in hand.
    I had pondered this topic as well, the cone itself looks like something straight out of a suppressor. I believe however that because of the relatively low internal volume, coupled with the solitary nature of the "baffle", that the nominal sound level is not reduced to the point that the ATF is currently concerned about it.

However, I did notice that they are all serialized. Possible future NFA classification/grandfathering foresight?
    www.KoonceCustom.com

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -- Frank Sinatra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.