Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Green moutan barrel blank (7.62x39)

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

This barrel might also be just the ticket for one of the shot out #4 enfields out there in 762x39. I wonder what the twist rate is compared to a regular 303 barrel?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    This barrel might also be just the ticket for one of the shot out #4 enfields out there in 762x39. I wonder what the twist rate is compared to a regular 303 barrel?
    1:10 for 303 British.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I wonder why their web site does not give a mailing address. It isn't like everyone uses a credit card to buy with, like me.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

If you click on the "Contact Us" button near the top of the page, they give a phone number to call, and an email form.

603-447-1095
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I just ordered one. I really wish it was not profiled. I rather be able to keep it heavy for a target build. wish they would also sell one unchambered.

I will stick it on a AMD 65 kit and see how it works. the price is right I see its cut rifleing.

Im sure for $30 it will be top quality LOL. I may rechamber it using my reamer see what I get first.
    I am not sure what profiled is, but this barrel is 1 inch in diameter, and by the looks of it, it is a 1 inch cylinder 20 inches long with a hole in it. That is way thicker than my WASR 10 at .597 where I measured it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

well profiled would be if it is turned to fit something or has some thing done to it other than a turned blank.

a straight blank os just that a straight blank it is not profiled to a AK in any shape way or form. for me that is a good thing for a guy who thought he was getting a 20 long barrel that was profiled to take AK parts he is SOL.

Im actually really clad to see these. i get request frequintely from guys asking if I can do a heavier longer barrel that will still shoot surpluss and factory .311 bullets. this will make this possable. I think a fluted 1" bull barrel AK with a 20" barrel would shoot pretty damm good if you do some of the stuff I did on my other builds. It will be interesting to see how they perform. If they shoot good I might make a few extra up for sale or trade. They would work on a mosin nagant as well fro a cool build. I wuld like to see them 24" long but Its a start. you can also build a couple 10" pistols from one as well.

For a guy with a lathe and a reamer this will allow some savings on building a barreless kit and also give the option of some really unique builds. I will do a straight unfluted bull baarrel build on a beater gun I have here and see how it shoots. I may have to re work my reamer to take a .311 pilot as mine is currently a .308 fixed. I may just buy a new one with a slightly tighter neck and less bullet lead to help the accuracy some.

I wish they had a 1-15 or slower option. I think the standard AK twist is way to fast. IMOO I see no reason for a twist rate that will stabelie a 200 grain bullet it makes no sence to me.

I HAVE PLAYED WITH PULLENG DOWN FACTORY AND SURPLUSS AMMO AND LOADING THE CACES WITH BETTER POWDER OR REMEASURED POWDER AND QUALITY BULLETS IN .310 WITH SOME DECENT RESULTS. i WISH THERE WERE MORE BULLET SELECTION OUT THERE.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I was thinking these will be nice for 7.62x25 AK build

卡拉希尼可夫突擊步槍

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejack View Post
    I was thinking these will be nice for 7.62x25 AK build
    Would be a little loose for a 7.62x25 all of the surplus I have measured was 308 or a little under. One in 9.5 twist is quick for 7.62x39 and even more so for the light 7.62x25. Have seen some take off barrels for 30-30s with a 1 in 12.

Back to x39 and x54r I was wondering around Green Mountains web page and did notice they have 32-20 WCF pistol blanks. 11in long, 1 in 16 twist, and land of 306 and grove of 312. Could work for some of the surplus, but the wolf hp that I have measured is running around 308.... 32-20 WCF Cartridge pistol blank

Haven't found any barrels like what the CZ527 in 7.62x39 uses, .300 land and a groove of .311.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

sjohnson, thanks for your help. Believe it or not, I avoid telephones like a plague, so I didn't even think of calling.

I guess I gotta ...........use the telephone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Agreed, a slower twist would be nice for the X39.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.