•Complete Bolt
•Bolt Carrier
•Recoil Spring Assembly
•Receiver Cover
•Bag of Miscellaneous Small Parts

See less See more
#35 ·
i'd like to look into doing a long barreled 5.45 personally
I was thinking the same thing so I could shoot varmints with it in blaces were solid points are ok and safe. the problem is the ammo is not going to give good accuracy.

Like I said packnor has the barrel blank . Id check with montana riflemen also. keep calling GM and they might tool up as well. any one who makes 5.45 barrel also would be able to have a blank they all start with one. Id want about a 24" one

#37 ·
Well I am just about done the Saiga...still haven't done the latch for the folding stock, kinda hesitant to do it. You haveto drill into the bottom of the receiver in the front and then into the bottom of the front trunnion for the pin to be stable.

I had to REAM k-var's out :grumble: they sent it next day air now....2 and a half weeks they've had my money without sending that Bulgy gb/fs combo, I will make it a point not to order from them again.

I am debating on what to build this Romy kit, I was thinking a pistol but man it's such a nice kit. I was thinking build a rifle and use a Polish underfolder stock sicne they lock on both sides maybe it will be a little sturdier than the Romy ones ?

I also got the Romanian barrel assembly, it comes with front and rear sight blocks and gas block. What I was going to do it remove those 3 things from the barrel and keep them for extra's. This way I can do a pistol build with spare parts I have collected and use this kit for a Romy UF.

#39 ·
Yea you are right, close to $100 for the Polish UF stock and trunnion, only $200 for the kit.

Then what to do with this beautiful Romy kit, maybe make it a full lenght all wood furniture and redo the wood a nice Russian red color ?

Ohh BTW the buttstock came complete also, trap door and everything. Wood is in excellent condition just needs some refinishing.

For those interested I am trying to make a riveter tool, VERY cheap but reliable. I'll let you know how it turns out

#41 ·
yeah build the romy too russian red is always nice you could get a romanian side folder for it (the kind that uses the standard fixed stock trunnion)

what are you using for your rivet tool?

You mean like the wire folder kind ?? If I'm thinkin of the right one it's just like my Tantal stock.

Well...for the rivet tool....LOL....a piece of solid 1/4" metal, a set screw kind of, it's a bolt with the head smoothed over and a dimple for the rivet head, with a wind nut so you can move in back and forth to seat properly. ALso 2 piece of 3/8" all-thread, 1 on each side and another piece of solid metal on the other end where the all-thread can adjust to tighten against the opposite side of the receiver.....???

This is my idea anyway, I just finished all the holes for the rear trunnion so since I don't have the Bulgy gb/fs I am gonna make this rivet tool and see how it works, I'll let ya know.

#42 ·
oh yeah i forgot you've got a tantal, yeah just like that haha so yeah maybe russian red would be better, or you could always make an east german clone and after blasting it blue it and put the e g plastic stock set on lol

#43 ·
That doesn't sound to bad either, I'll have to search around for an East German stock set, see how it looks.

Would be REALLY nice it I made the Saiga that Duracoat Russian Army camo pattern and then if I used the EG furniture do the German Flektarn new colors, like you mentioned last night...that could look really kool.

:drunk: so many choices I'm gettin AK drunk haha

#46 ·
Haha yea the kits are nice, the rain drop is very original looking, way diffrent then most camo pattern's I've ever seen.

Do you guys know what kind of pattern you'd get ?

I am still trying to decide myself but I like the Russian Army colors a lot, and the urban digital since I live in a urban area.

#51 ·
sorry we got kinda off track with the orriginal thread, i was supposed to get my kit today according to ups so it should be here tomorrow, if no one answers your question by the time i get my kit tomorrow i'll let you know if it has barrel stubs

#52 ·
I ordered 6 kits also, I already have 6 new romo barrels so I figured the free shipping and matching #'s I'd go for it.. but I do have to agree with jreifsch80 on the Apex Egyptian kits, they have cooler wood than the Romo kits.. as far as palm swell hand guards.. and they are almost as cheap... $20 more bucks..as far as free ad time for copes.. the cats out of the bag, I doubt the kits sell any faster because of people on gunco... I found out about it from the e mail they send out.. not here.. having extra parts is a good thing so 99 bucks is cheap in my book.. I hope they are demilled like in the picture.. but I doubt they are... B2B

#54 ·
Ahh CFS correct??

I doubt there completly demilled also but there picture shows them as being demilled completly, and that is how they should be. If there not then its not correctly advertised.

They are not completly demilled, the rivets are still in the trunnions and stuff like that. :grumble:

Also I don't know if anyone would know this but my Romy G kit did NOT come with the trigger, sear, disconnector or disconnector spring......????????

Should that stuff have been in the kit ?????

#58 ·
I got mine im missing the hammer on the first three I opened.

I hav e yet to get a git from CFS that wasent missing some thing. that how they get you.

M ine appear to be all demilled no barrel parts. rivets int he trunions but its nice that the barrel pins are out. those barrels are going some were to be sold to someone.

im missing a few plunger springs.

Its BS on the hammers an disconectoers missing as most of these were going to be pistols and I need them. now Ill have to buy those parts and suddendly this is a not a $99 kit any more.

the kits I opened are in great shape other wise and It will be nice not to have to demill them and press out the barrel parts. if I got screwed on $10 worth of parts per kit X 11 thats $110 it will cost me i think Ill call them. they were selling FCG groups cheap at one point.

I have disconector springs so far.

#60 ·
Probably.. But

You have too talk too Tony on the dock.
"Hello Centerfire. I am missing some parts."
"Yes Sir. I will put you through to Tony on the dock."
"Thank you Maam."
"Hello Tony. This is 4th from Gunco."
"Who the hell is Gunco and what the hell do you want."
"Uh. :scared: Hi Tony. I ordered some kits from you and...."
"Hay dog breath. You know how hot it is down here on these friggen docks. Do you know how hot it is in this firggen warehouse?"
"Uh, no Tony. How hot?"
"You come here and I will stick your parts where the sun dont shine. You hear me." :scared:
"Uh. Yes Sir Tony."
"Tony Tony calm down. Hell I just found the parts. Calm down Tony."
"Bye Tony. Click."

swamprat9. If you go there. Stay away from Tony on the dock. Dont ever mention 4thIDvet around him. Please. :nono: :lol:

#61 ·
You have too talk too Tony on the dock.
"Hello Centerfire. I am missing some parts."
"Yes Sir. I will put you through to Tony on the dock."
"Thank you Maam."
"Hello Tony. This is 4th from Gunco."
"Who the hell is Gunco and what the hell do you want."
"Uh. Hi Tony. I ordered some kits from you and...."
"Hay dog breath. You know how hot it is down here on these friggen docks. Do you know how hot it is in this firggen warehouse?"
"Uh, no Tony. How hot?"
"You come here and I will stick your parts where the sun dont shine. You hear me."
"Uh. Yes Sir Tony."
"Tony Tony calm down. Hell I just found the parts. Calm down Tony."
"Bye Tony. Click."

swamprat9. If you go there. Stay away from Tony on the dock. Dont ever mention 4thIDvet around him. Please.

LOL OR HEY THIS IS 1BIGGUN FORM GUNCO YOU KNOW THE GUY WHO DECIDED NOT TO SUE YOUR ASS FOR SHIPPING PACKAGES WITH GEAR OIL LEAKING OUT OF THEM BECAUSE YOU TOOK CARE OF IT. AND FOR HAVING TO MAKE 5 CALL TO GET YOU TO CREDIT THE kYBER PASS MARTINI HENERYS YOU WERE TRYING TO PASS OFF AS REAL WHEN I CANCELED THE ORDER. hOW ABOUT YOU SHIP ALL THE PARTS I EXPECTED.

tHE HAMMERS ARE NOT A BIG DEAL BUT ONE OF THE GUYS WHO IS GETTING ONE OF THESE IS ON A VERY TIGHT BUDGET AND BUILDING A HUNTING PISTOL AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF HE DIDNT HAVE TO DINK AROUND ORDERING MORE STUFF.

CFS HAS BEEN DOING A BETTER JOB LATELY BUT IM STILL ON GUARD WITH THEM.

#62 ·
tHE HAMMERS ARE NOT A BIG DEAL BUT ONE OF THE GUYS WHO IS GETTING ONE OF THESE IS ON A VERY TIGHT BUDGET AND BUILDING A HUNTING PISTOL AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF HE DIDNT HAVE TO DINK AROUND ORDERING MORE STUFF.

CFS HAS BEEN DOING A BETTER JOB LATELY BUT IM STILL ON GUARD WITH THEM.

The parts kits do NOT have the sear, disconnector or disconnector spring, they got everyone with that....it says on their website "small bag of misc. parts" so not ALL are included...at least everyone I talked to so far who ordered the Romy G kits is missing those 3 items, including myself.

Talk about a tight budget my unemployment runs out in 2 weeks !!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I'll sell 2 AK's off just to keep a float.

Thanks to the Republicans :flip:

#66 ·
If it came on the gun when they cut it a apart it should be included or it should mentioned that it has been deleated or removed. it dosent have a cleaning rod either but that was clear in the picture. a bag of parts could be any thing I supose and not even AK parts. I dont need US FGC parts to be legal on a lot of my rifle builds by the time I use a US made my me barrel, and US furniture and leave off the muzzel attachment I can get buy with out buy a US FGC. I got springs with mine but I would like to have the hammer and disconector as I can use them. they will sell those parts for $10 but I should not need to buy them. it just another case of them advertising somthing and ommitting the fact that certain parts are not included. Just once Id like to get a order form CFS and not have a surprise or issue with the order. many dealers sold rommy kits that were missing the disconector but they stated this fact in there in there ad.

this is not a huge deal but ill likely need to buy 11 factory trigger groups and also springs if there any missing on the other kits and then shipping to get it here then thats around another $130 I got to come up with or another way to look at is its about 13 percent of the cost of the kit that I was expecting to be there. Or the cost of a additional kit. now if you order 12 kits and they only sent 11 you would be pissed that is basicaly the same amount I feel I got shorted. there is no reason for the hammers or disconectors to be missing unless there being sold some were else or there has been a law change.

going by the premis that they dont describe the small parts so they have done no wrong. they could have delated all the barrel pins and any other parts they can sell seperatly that came in the Bag.

to many guys feel gratefull to even get a kit but IMOO I dont owe them much gratitude. we are doing them a favor by buying not there doing us a favor by selling. I have had issues on every order I have ever got from them and were talking purchases in the thousands of dollars over the last 5 years. why do I buy from them because unfortunatly some times there the only game in town for some things.

Ill lay all the kits out this week and do a inventory of every thing and see what will be needed to complete these down the road. its a damm shame the stoks were not wrapped up so they didnt get full of dents they would have been mint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.