Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New AK Builder in Central Florida

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cgaudin69 View Post
    I live in Orlando. I actually do most of my rifle shooting out in the woods in the Ocala Nat Forest about 10 miles north of Umatilla off Route 19. I don't generally go during December due to the hunting going on. I don't like to disturb the guys out there but I do burn a lot of ammo out there with my son on weekends. If you know about AK's, I'd be happy to look you guys up.
    Be careful with that. Lot of Irish poachers up here lately. FWC hears a shot their all over you. Dont ask me how I know.
    Lot of members have stopped in.
    I have tools here your welcome too borrow. Ever since I became a "Mall Ninja" kind of slowed down on the AK building.
    Not an expert by any means. But I can give you the basics.
    Happy hour starts here at 3. Poor Frogman showed up during happy hour.
    Thought he was never coming back. He is. Nice guy.
    P.M. on the way..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Where you Hunt & shoot is only about 18 to 20 miles from Fourth's CP. He's just up the road a ways. Watch Tim though, he's liable to chain you down and not let you leave until
    you tried some of his Devils Brew and partake in some venison. His welcome mat is always
    out for Gunco members.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Be careful with that. Lot of Irish poachers up here lately. FWC hears a shot their all over you. Dont ask me how I know.
    Lot of members have stopped in.
    I have tools here your welcome too borrow. Ever since I became a "Mall Ninja" kind of slowed down on the AK building.
    Not an expert by any means. But I can give you the basics.
    Happy hour starts here at 3. Poor Frogman showed up during happy hour.
    Thought he was never coming back. He is. Nice guy.
    P.M. on the way..
    4thIDVet- I'm in the Gainesville area and have been looking to do a Saiga conversion. I've assembled a few ARs but never converted/built an AK.

I would gladly supply the happy hour beverages, gator tail, etc for your guidance and use of your shop!
    Last edited by 271828; 01-29-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Poor grammar

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    Where you Hunt & shoot is only about 18 to 20 miles from Fourth's CP. He's just up the road a ways. Watch Tim though, he's liable to chain you down and not let you leave until
    you tried some of his Devils Brew and partake in some venison. His welcome mat is always
    out for Gunco members.
    4th, lemme know when you guys get together on a weekend. I'll buy the beverage material in exchange for a little guidance.

Feedback Score

Default Looking for a place to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by cgaudin69 View Post
    I live in Orlando. I actually do most of my rifle shooting out in the woods in the Ocala Nat Forest about 10 miles north of Umatilla off Route 19. I don't generally go during December due to the hunting going on. I don't like to disturb the guys out there but I do burn a lot of ammo out there with my son on weekends. If you know about AK's, I'd be happy to look you guys up.
    where you go shooting there ? can you just go shoot anywhere in Ocala other than the Range on 40?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default No..

Quote Originally Posted by Reb Ralston View Post
    where you go shooting there ? can you just go shoot anywhere in Ocala other than the Range on 40?
    The FWC are blazing A holes. Florida passed a law that says you can shoot in the forest.
    FWC Fed boys, have guns and badges.
    They do not like people shooting in "Their" forest.
    The A holes even put piles of sand in front of all unnumberd roads.
    So you have to go in through "Their" numbered roads.
    A holes just sit and wait for you to come out.
    Locals do not care about the blocked roads.
    They know where the back door is.
    All it does is piss off the tourists.
    Old post. What happened too those guys wanted to build?
    Must have seen my record AK toss.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

Please tell me about the Florida law that says you can shoot in the forest. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heykw View Post
    Please tell me about the Florida law that says you can shoot in the forest. Thank you.
    It is unlawful to knowingly discharge a firearm in any public place, or on the right of way of any paved public road, highway or street or over any road, highway, street or occupied building, except in defense of life or property, in performance of official duties or where expressly approved for hunting.
    What Are the Gun Laws in Florida?

O.K. can't find the new law they passed.. At that it is kind of up too the L.O. who shows up..
    We are on a private road, not county maintained.. When the kids are in school and the coast is clear.. We shoot in the swamp across the road..
    Aim low in the mud. If some neighbor, not many around gets upset, they call the law..
    Sheriff showed up the other day and told us to build a back stop and fire away..
    Technically it is legal to shoot on private land, or in the National Forest..
    Common sense must prevail.. Aim low, have a back stop..
    Poaching, people are hungry, oh the Law will show up..
    When they do, most of them are decent guys.. Talk nice, they usually let you shoot or ask you to stop..
    Key here is stay away from paved public roads.

Feedback Score

I just finished my first build which turned out pretty good. Learned a lot and I'm lookin forward to the next one. I live in Winter Springs, just north of Orlando and would love to help out any one (or get advice) with a build. Just let me know. And yeah, I'll be headin' up to Astor and parts north to do a bit 'o shootin'!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pericon View Post
    I just finished my first build which turned out pretty good. Learned a lot and I'm lookin forward to the next one. I live in Winter Springs, just north of Orlando and would love to help out any one (or get advice) with a build. Just let me know. And yeah, I'll be headin' up to Astor and parts north to do a bit 'o shootin'!
    Astor is "Disney North." Hell yah, get a few more posts and P.M.. Your more than welcome here..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.