Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Interesting... Receiver..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

We know that the Tantal's 5.45 magwell is narrower than a 7.62, but the length should be the same.

I have both blanks sitting bottom to bottom an the mag well of the tantal is about a 1/16" longer ythe area were the mag locks in is also slightly differant.

What do you mean by narrower everywhere? All the other dimensions should be the same.
    exactly that. the tantal is slightly narrower in every part on the sides of the mag well.

Lastly, and this one really has me scratching my head, how exactly do you make a magwell narrower using a Dremel?
    my mistake it should say a x39 shell could be turend into a ak 74 or 5.45 with a little dremil work. sorry for the mistake there.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

here is a picture the back edge is the tantal reciver . there is a x39 reciver on top. both from copes. the dark line at the bottm of the picture is a shadow the tantal reciver is longer .

hope this clears things up .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

here is a oposite view with the tantal on top you can see how the tantal reciver mag well is longer in the front an also narrower in the sides.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

here is a NDS EZ1 an polish blank with brushed finish an a chicken foot , a smooth finish x39 with chiken foot an a tantal .

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    my mistake it should say a x39 shell could be turend into a ak 74 or 5.45 with a little dremil work. sorry for the mistake there.
    LOL. I think I know what you meant to say, but that is still backwards
    You could open up a 74 (5.45) to a 47 (7.62) but to close up a 47 into a 74 would require a welder and some real talent.

That's interesting on the length variation though. I just measured a copes 47 blank vs a akbuilder tantal flat and they are the same (well .007 off)
    The last blanks I ordered from copes should be here in a day or two. I've got both tantal and 47s coming. It will be interesting to see how these measure up.

How does yours compare to this?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

AS LONG AS THE METAL IS OK IM SURE THEY WILL MAKE A DECENT RECIVER .

ID LIKE TO SEE SOME CHEAP RAILS TO GO WITH THEM.

WHO HAS THE BEST DEALS ON RAILS. I HAVE A DRAWER FULL OF TAPCOS BUT THERE NOT DRILLED RIGHT FOR THE CENTER SUPPORT. HMMMM NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT, THE SHELL HAS NO PRE DRILLED HOLE SO THE TAPCOS WILL WORK AS IS JUST DRILL THE HOLE TO FIT THE RAIL. NOW ALL YOU GOT TO DO IT FIGURE OUT WERE. SOMETHING LIKE THE TWEASER LOCATER SHOULD WORK.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

1bg,

What the heck are you using to take your measurements with, one of those wooden yardsticks they give away at the hardware store?

I received the rest of my blanks today. The 74 magwell is only .039 longer than the 47. It measures 2.716 which falls right in line with 74 magwell template posted above. (actually .009 shorter)
    Not that it really makes a difference, that leading edge hasn't got anything to do with anything anyway.
    All the other measurements were right on the money.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

1bg,

What the heck are you using to take your measurements with, one of those wooden yardsticks they give away at the hardware store?

I received the rest of my blanks today. The 74 magwell is only .039 longer than the 47. It measures 2.716 which falls right in line with 74 magwell template posted above. (actually .009 shorter)
    Not that it really makes a difference, that leading edge hasn't got anything to do with anything anyway.
    All the other measurements were right on the money.
    IM USING MY EYES. IS PLAIN TO SEE THAT ONE MAG WELL IS SLIGHTLY LONGER THAN THE OTHER AN THAT ONE IS NARROWER. I HAVENT SAID ONE HTING AS TO IF THERE CORRECT OR MATCH A TEMPLATE. LOOK AT THE PICTURES. WERE YOU SEE BLACK ( EXCEPT THE BOTTOM THAT A SHADOW THE RECIVER IS NARROWER PRTTY SIMPLE.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

OK YOU MADE ME CURIOUS THERE IS A .097" DIFFERANCE BETWEEN A TANTAL SHELL FROM COPES AN A X39 FROM COPES THAT CAME LAST WEEK INT THE SAME BOX THIS IS AT THE FRONT OF THE MAG WELL. AT THE REAR THERE IS A .055" DIFFERANCE. THERE IS A .037" DIFFERANCE IN LENGTH.

LIKE I SAID THE THE POLISH IS NARROWER AN LONGER THAN THE X39 SHELL THAT COPES SELLS. I HAVE NOT COMPARED IT TO A TEMPLATE OR A NDS OR OTHER FLAT.

DID YOU TAKE MY POST TO INDICATE THAT THEY WERE OFF FROM SPEC???? I ONLY SAID THERE DIFFERANT FROM EACH OTHER.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking Chief....

You aint right.. Now you did done it...
    A yard stick...
    biggun is 6' 8" 325 lbs..
    Cage fighter in his spare time..
    Oh God, me and Sniper want to film this one...
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.