Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ak build help?!!

Feedback Score

Default Ak build help?!!

I bought an ak parts kit (Bulgarian underfolder)
    I obviously had to order front and rear trunnions. I opted, due to availability or lack thereof to buy a used barrel from Numrich's.

The trunnion I bought was listed as a Romanian front trunnion from black market arms and is marked as 23 mm. The barrel components appear to fit, haven't tried to press them yet, but the trunnion is huge. I will try to post some sizes tomorrow, but I figured I'd check with you all. Is there something I am missing? Or do I just have random parts?

By the way, the rear sight block and trunnion will not fit each other well.

Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

The kit you got is most likely a milled receiver kit, there are some small differences then a stamped receiver kit.
    I'm not sure what to say to some of your questions, maybe when you post pic(s) I'll be able to help.

And welcome to the forum
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

It is a milled kit, but it was my understanding that all I needed to do was order trunnion and a barrel. I did some research and discovered that euro barrels are 23 mm at the chamber. Chinese barrels are 19.75 or something, but the barrel is thicker on the Chinese. I don't get how every thing else fits but the chamber is too small.

Feedback Score

welcome to the forum. did you order chinese parts? They may not fit the Euro parts.

Look in the archives here on the forum. There is a chart that shows you the differences in the Euro vs Chinese parts.

Usually, parts kits come with a front trunnion. Yours did not? That lends credence to Coils' statement regarding milled kit. You are in a whole nother ballpark there.

post pics. They will help us figger out what you have...

Feedback Score

I know it is a milled receiver kit. I bought a stamped receiver and a used akm barrel along with front and rear trunnions.

The barrel is not threaded at the chamber and has the appropriate threads at the muzzle. I'll be measuring it shortly, but I don't think it's a Chinese barrel.

See attached pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

Rear sit block to trunnion fit

Feedback Score

Barrel vs trunnion

Feedback Score

Barrel components, prior to be pressed, just hand tight

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

OK I got you on the milled kit, makes more sense now.
    But I never messed with a milled kit so I'm going to have to go off fuzzy memory, I know you'll find the info here.

First
    Someone mentioned before that the Bulgy milled AKs (actually most of the milled receiver AKs) uses the AK47 pattern barrel. From the rear sight forward they are a little larger then the AKM.

Second
    The rear sight & trunnion pic is what I was thinking you meant. You will find this with all trunnion I believe, so you'll have to mod the trunnion in this area or the rear sight base.

Third
    The barrel trunnion pic, that barrel looks way to small or the trunnion is way to big.
    You'll need to measure those and yes they should be about 23mm, as you stated the Combloc AKM uses a barrel/trunnion press fit at about 23mm.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Double checked with caliper, I do indeed have a Chinese barrel. The barrel sizes are good with the exception of the trunnion, rather than find a new barrel, does anyone know if Chinese trunnions will work in a polish receiver?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.